Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Clicky

What do you think about them?..I believe their policies are rather contradictory..

P.S. The leader is around 20 years old I believe (and at 19 he became a councillor). So while I think the party is rather funny, I rate him for his achievements

ReputationRep:
    Bland centrism with vague nationalism

Their policies are incredibly vague, but from what I can gather, I agree that they're very muddled.

Really fail to see why they need to exist as a new party, what market do they fill exactly?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CandyFlipper)
      Their policies are incredibly vague, but from what I can gather, I agree that they're very muddled.

Really fail to see why they need to exist as a new party, what market do they fill exactly?

The UPP is a party the promotes common sense politics, believing that a blind ideological devotion to the “left” and “right” is flawed, problematic and unadaptable.

This is a unique party which bases its ideology on equality, tolerance and national unity - believing in the promotion of British values and the British way of life. This is something that has inevitably appealed to many people and the UPP leadership is optimistic about the level of success the party will have in the near future.

We are not a party of professional politicians, we are a collection of ordinary people that have come together for one thing, change.

If you love your country but condemn the racist, homophobic, sexist, anti-semitic and Islamaphobic attitudes that other so-called "Pro-British" parties are rife with, then THIS is the party for YOU!

there you go :P

ReputationRep:
      Anyways im reading their immigration and EU policies.
      They dont seem to understand how the EU works.

ReputationRep:
      So basically they are the wishy-washy 'we have no idea what we're talking about' party?

ReputationRep:
      'Believing that a blind ideological devotion to the “left” and “right” is flawed, problematic and unadaptable.' - yeah right.

ReputationRep:
      Would rather vote for a fart.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by D.R.E)
      So basically they are the wishy-washy 'we have no idea what we're talking about' party?
      Yeah, they want to be in the EU..but be totally nationalistic at the same time?..

ReputationRep:
      I agree with their core ideals and would support them on this level but there is a need for many policies to be revised I feel.

ReputationRep:
      All their sitting councillors were either co-opted or elected unopposed, which says it all really. Policies are vaguely on the right lines, but ffs grow a spine.

ReputationRep:
      Populist and anti-EU so not for me.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Anti nukes? Lost my vote.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.