Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in my second year at uni at the moment, I have depression, insomnia and bipolar disorder so please try and bear with me.
    When I was at school I was bullied quite alot. Fortunately I got over it, became more active (started going to the gym and took up kickboxing when I was 14), got hobbies, made friends, although I was still teased quite alot until the about Year 12 or 13.

I got into a good uni, doing a good course and most (although not all) of the people who used to bully are losers who do **** all or have worthless, menial jobs. I thought I got over most of the anger and sadness from my school days. However, the other night I was in the pub with some mates, having a great time and one of the guys who used to bully me came in with his mates. They kept making fun of me, saying embarrasing stories about me from school, looking over at me, laughing at me and shouting things at me.

When me and my mates were about to leave the pub, I walked up to the main guy, who was making fun of me the most said "Hi" and smacked him in the face, I threw a few more punches knocking him to the floor and the bouncers kicked me out.
    I decided to head home after that and on my way home I saw the group of people again, the group of them were shouting stuff at me so I went over and the main guy tried to hit me so I got into a fight with him again, knocking him out this time and also threw a few punches at his mate who was trying to defend him.
    Some random guys dragged me away and I made my way home without any trouble.

The thing is, I thought I had got over most of the abuse from school and let go of my anger, evidently I havn't and I still feel like beating the **** out of these people to make sure they don't make fun of me again (although I know I shouldn't), the next day they were making fun of me over Facebook according to my mate.

Unfortunately my next appointment with my counsellor is only about 3 weeks from now and I've not spoken to my mates since then, so does anyone else have any tips until then on how I can let go of my anger. Cheers

TLDR: Was bullied at school, now in 2nd year of Uni, bullies from school were making fun of me in the pub so I got into a fight with them, Still angry about them and I want to get over my anger before doing anything stupid. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    go to the gym, work it all out
    punch something about at home.. a pillow? or maybe you have a punchbag..
    listen to some angry music

eat some chocolate and watch bridget jones

sorry if that's no use, i have anger issues myself tbh and i haven't developed any coping methods aside from going to the gym (which isn't much help when you'd rather kill someone but it helps after you've worked out i find)

ReputationRep:
    Hm.. I think you were quite justified with what you did. I think most people would've done the same thing given the circumstances. Do you go to a uni that is close to your school then? Seems coincidence that you saw them.

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself a break. If these bullies are going to provoke you, bringing up things that both you and they know are sensitive to be brought up, then they deserve a smack.

But what I would suggest is that you always look to resolving something amicably, and if it can't be resolved amicably, then walk away. Try to look at things from someone else's perspective, too.

You've come far, keep trekking on the path with positive progression, just walking past these rocky bumps of negativity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Hm.. I think you were quite justified with what you did. I think most people would've done the same thing given the circumstances. Do you go to a uni that is close to your school then? Seems coincidence that you saw them.
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    Give yourself a break. If these bullies are going to provoke you, bringing up things that both you and they know are sensitive to be brought up, then they deserve a smack.

But what I would suggest is that you always look to resolving something amicably, and if it can't be resolved amicably, then walk away. Try to look at things from someone else's perspective, too.

You've come far, keep trekking on the path with positive progression, just walking past these rocky bumps of negativity.
    Cheers, I was home for the holidays, which is why I saw them. Unfortunately my mates didn't feel the same way as me, after the first fight in the pub we tried getting into another club but, the bouncers came up to us in the queue and said we wern't allowed in so my mates told me (politely) to **** off and go home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadlifts)
    Hey I'm in my second year at uni at the moment, I have depression, insomnia and bipolar disorder so please try and bear with me.
    When I was at school I was bullied quite alot. Fortunately I got over it, became more active (started going to the gym and took up kickboxing when I was 14), got hobbies, made friends, although I was still teased quite alot until the about Year 12 or 13.

I got into a good uni, doing a good course and most (although not all) of the people who used to bully are losers who do **** all or have worthless, menial jobs. I thought I got over most of the anger and sadness from my school days. However, the other night I was in the pub with some mates, having a great time and one of the guys who used to bully me came in with his mates. They kept making fun of me, saying embarrasing stories about me from school, looking over at me, laughing at me and shouting things at me.

When me and my mates were about to leave the pub, I walked up to the main guy, who was making fun of me the most said "Hi" and smacked him in the face, I threw a few more punches knocking him to the floor and the bouncers kicked me out.
    I decided to head home after that and on my way home I saw the group of people again, the group of them were shouting stuff at me so I went over and the main guy tried to hit me so I got into a fight with him again, knocking him out this time and also threw a few punches at his mate who was trying to defend him.
    Some random guys dragged me away and I made my way home without any trouble.

The thing is, I thought I had got over most of the abuse from school and let go of my anger, evidently I havn't and I still feel like beating the **** out of these people to make sure they don't make fun of me again (although I know I shouldn't), the next day they were making fun of me over Facebook according to my mate.

Unfortunately my next appointment with my counsellor is only about 3 weeks from now and I've not spoken to my mates since then, so does anyone else have any tips until then on how I can let go of my anger. Cheers

TLDR: Was bullied at school, now in 2nd year of Uni, bullies from school were making fun of me in the pub so I got into a fight with them, Still angry about them and I want to get over my anger before doing anything stupid. Cheers
    You knocked him the **** out and they where making fun of you. Either they are proper morons or this isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about seeing a counsellor? I have seen one for a few months once (don't go there..) and she helped me get a lot of things straight in my head. There's nothing weak about it, if you're worrying about that, but it's really helpful to talk things through to someone who won't judge you, and doesn't know anything about you apart from what you tell them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    You knocked him the **** out and they where making fun of you. Either they are proper morons or this isn't true.
    Sorry, let me clarify, the Facebook status from one of them (not one I got in a fight with) said something like "that was an interesting night but, ruined by a complete ****" with a few likes and comments below like "he's got a screw loose", "what a massive ****"
    Obviously it's easier for them to write stuff when they're hiding behind a keyboard and monitor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Have you thought about seeing a counsellor? I have seen one for a few months once (don't go there..) and she helped me get a lot of things straight in my head. There's nothing weak about it, if you're worrying about that, but it's really helpful to talk things through to someone who won't judge you, and doesn't know anything about you apart from what you tell them.
    Been seeing a counsellor for about a year, although my next appointment is in about a month, Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadlifts)
    Sorry, let me clarify, the Facebook status from one of them (not one I got in a fight with) said something like "that was an interesting night but, ruined by a complete ****" with a few likes and comments below like "he's got a screw loose", "what a massive ****"
    Obviously it's easier for them to write stuff when they're hiding behind a keyboard and monitor
    Oh well I guess you just need to chill. They're basically now scared of you.

ReputationRep:
    Let it build up inside you, then

TRANSFORM INTO A SUPER SAIYAN.

(Original post by Hippysnake)
    Let it build up inside you, then

TRANSFORM INTO A SUPER SAIYAN.
    Anonymous approves of this post :nods:

ReputationRep:
    Good lad. These people clearly need to grow up. My recommendation is to start thinking solely about yourself, be selfish for a while. Focus on your happiness, health, etc. It will be obvious who the decent people around you are and treat them with respect. Learn to take deep breaths/take a step back when something pisses you off.

But if you see those ***** taking the piss out of you in the pub, do the exact same as you did.

ReputationRep:
    Get into more fights at bars.

Its the only way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.