Don't you just hate it when... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
... you get a tune stuck in your head but you only know a couple of bars of it so you just have the same bit going round and round and round and round...... you get the picture!

I've been listening to Classic fm all week while revising and they've been playing a bit of one of the Brandenberg concertos as an advert and I've been humming it incessantly since friday!
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
... you get a tune stuck in your head but you only know a couple of bars of it so you just have the same bit going round and round and round and round...... you get the picture! ....
oh god yeah that is annoying. I usually remember lyrics, but just one line. So I go around singing this one line to myself, humming a few bars, then singing the line again.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
oh god yeah that is annoying. I usually remember lyrics, but just one line. So I go around singing this one line to myself, humming a few bars, then singing the line again.
And drive everyone who knowsw you crazy for the next week as it enters a vicious circle where you infect everyone else with the song, so they start singing, and remind you of it when you've eventually forgotten, starting the whole thing up again!
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oooo so true.... and then one comes up with the good idea of thinking of another song so that is in your head instead because you imagine that no song can be worse.... but trust me, there's always a worse song!

Best solution is to listen to the song in full... sometimes gets it out of your system.... usually doesn't though!
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Often when i'm revising i leave a song on repeat and kind of forget and realise half an hour latter that i've been listening to the same song for ages.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads