Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whos the best in Dubstep? Watch

ReputationRep:
    SO I just got into dubstep, I wasn't into it before because I was more into grime and other genres. I still am but MY friend showed me dubstep and its SIKKKK. So far I like Magnetic Man, but can you give me a few names of whos the best?

ReputationRep:
    nobody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    nobody
    Whos good then? Recommend anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I am very fond of Kode9 and The Spaceape. They bring something rather different to the table, with Kode9's futuristic beats and Spaceape's dystopian stream of consciousness vocals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavey93)
    SO I just got into dubstep, I wasn't into it before because I was more into grime and other genres. I still am but MY friend showed me dubstep and its SIKKKK. So far I like Magnetic Man, but can you give me a few names of whos the best?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ukfdubstep?blend=1&ob=4

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Whos good then? Recommend anyone?
    Borgore :teehee:

No seriously, you're into Magnetic Man which is a good start. Benga from MM is also great.

I recommend Burial too, his Untrue album is really atmospheric and eerie.

ReputationRep:
    http://youdunknow.co.uk/2010/05/getd...ry-of-dubstep/

ReputationRep:
    Good responses so far, but ignore the UKFdubstep youtube channel someone posted.

Listen to Coki, Digital Mystikz, D1, Bar9, Joker, Reso, Goli & Ashburner, Cyrus, Girl Unit, Emalkay, Numbernin6, Rob Sparx, Distance, Skream if you want a good mixture of the deeper and the heavier dubstep. You'll appreciate guys like Joker as he has a bit of a grime instrumental sound to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Good responses so far, but ignore the UKFdubstep youtube channel someone posted.

Listen to Coki, Digital Mystikz, D1, Bar9, Joker, Reso, Goli & Ashburner, Cyrus, Girl Unit, Emalkay, Numbernin6, Rob Sparx, Distance, Skream if you want a good mixture of the deeper and the heavier dubstep. You'll appreciate guys like Joker as he has a bit of a grime instrumental sound to him.
    UKF is sick.

ReputationRep:
    Kode9 and Nero are pretty good imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    UKF is sick.
    Lolno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Lolno.
    isssssit.

ReputationRep:
    Fatboy Slim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Fatboy Slim
    Fatboy Slim isn't dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT?! SURELY YOU JESTa

ReputationRep:
    Netsky and Nero

check out:

Enter Shikari - Jugganaughts(Nero Remix)
    MJ Cole - Sinsere (Nero Remix)
    Nero - Act Like You Know (Dubstep Remix)

Netsky - Netsky (Album - all of it is good)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimimick)
    Netsky and Nero

check out:

Enter Shikari - Jugganaughts(Nero Remix)
    MJ Cole - Sinsere (Nero Remix)
    Nero - Act Like You Know (Dubstep Remix)

Netsky - Netsky (Album - all of it is good)
    Netsky dubstep... really?? Liquid DnB me thinks :P

Nero are pretty good though... try and stay away from all those remixes (you don't want to be one of those kids who claim to love dubstep but yet only seem to know of a few remixes of generic pop tracks).

Try the Hyperdub albums and Skream (he's kinda one of main pioneers of the genre). People have mentioned Kode9 and Burial already. Also 16Bit, just did a short mix for radio1 recently actually.

Not gonna lie, i know a lot more about DnB than dubstep... I think a lot of is a bit repetitive. But anyway, enjoy the bass

ReputationRep:
    The Chuckle Brothers and Katy Perry are probably the best dubstep artists around imo.

/troll

ReputationRep:
    That is a brilliant idea.

To me, to WUBWUBWUBWUBWIBWIBWUBWUB

ReputationRep:
    Willum suggested Burial and Benga, decent shout.

Now go through this thread, anyone mentioned multiple times (for good or for bad) is worth a listen, then just make your own opinion on weather you like it...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1489485

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.