The Student Room Group

Worried about doctor seeing my scars.

Hi everyone.
I'm going to the doctors tomorrow because I have a small lump under my armpit which I am concerned about. However, on my upper arm I have a few small scars from when I self harmed a few months ago. No one knows about the scars and I am over the problem that made me do it. I am worried about the doctors reaction and I don't want it to develop into a big fuss. What should I do?
Reply 1
Just be sensible and honest.
Reply 2
Doctors have seen all sorts of things before. If he asks just explain the situation.
Reply 3
draw a massive cock on your arm over the scars to distract him

you may still have some explaining to do but it'll be funny?
Reply 4
I doubt they would ask, and if they do just tell them what you've just said to us :smile:
If you didn't want people to see them you shouldn't have done it. Let this be a lesson to you.
Your doctor shouldn't be really shocked or outraged if they see them. If they do happen to mention it, then just be honest. Doctors have strict confidentiality rules and what is said in that room will stay there.
i have a couple of scars as well but everytime people ask i just make some excuse about hitting my arm on a table or something cas they are from when i was very young and stupid so i guess u could make some excuse if u dont want to make it into something big...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending