Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if you are pakistani/north indian which caste are u and do you think its important Watch

• View Poll Results: which caste are you
    jatt indian
    14.12%
    jatt pakistani
    7.06%
    gujjar indian
    2.35%
    gujjar pakistani
    2.35%
    pashtuns
    5.88%
    rajput indian
    1.18%
    rajput pakistani
    2.35%
    mixed
    3.53%
    first im hearing off this caste
    10.59%
    dont know dont care
    50.59%

ReputationRep:
    hi just noticed theres a large asian community and i realised that there are no stastics on castes in britain sorry i missed out on an important option neither of the above

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that racism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soldier-4-life)
    hi just noticed theres a large asian community and i realised that there are no stastics on castes in britain

Just noticed?

How long have ou been here?

And no, we don't need any more artificial labels by which to divide people against each other. We're all members of the human race.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not telling you. It doesn't matter, and no I don't think it's important at all.

(North Indian)

ReputationRep:
    Well my parents are from different castes, tbh I really don't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    Well my parents are from different castes, tbh I really don't care
    i dont care either but i was wondering how much others cared

ReputationRep:
    **** that BS. There is no caste system, just some mofos who think they're better than every one else. I despise these people and would be glad to put a bullet through their skulls

ReputationRep:
    don't give a **** tbh...it's all a lot of bull-crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    **** that BS. There is no caste system, just some mofos who think they're better than every one else. I despise these people and would be glad to put a bullet through their skulls
    thats a bit extreme tbh i dont think its important in anyway but its still good to know your roots

ReputationRep:
    What about Brahmins (Indian)? They are the top caste, how can you forget about them!

ReputationRep:
    thats a bit extreme tbh i dont think its important in anyway but its still good to know your roots
    The fact that we came from Adam and Eve (whatever you wanna call them)?

My roots, LOL. Don't worry, none of my grand grand grand children will give a **** about me in the future. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    hi just noticed theres a large asian community and i realised that there are no stastics on castes in britain sorry i missed out on an important option neither of the above
    Your poll is very inaccurate.

Caste systems exists all throughout the Indian continent, from Bangladesh to Pakistan and both North and South of India. It also continues to exist in far away places such as Australia, PNG, Fiji and even SA as well as SE Asia.

Oh yeah at last count there are over a thousand different castes and sub-castes groups of Indian origin.

ReputationRep:
    why do asians love askin about caste? who carrreeees. i dunno wah caste i am and couldnt care less tbh. means natiiiin blaad!

ReputationRep:
    My caste is not even there. How rude! :mad:

I'm Dalit (untouchable). :cry:

ReputationRep:
    You missed out so many! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Caste's don't mean **** to me.

ReputationRep:
    how is knowin your caste gonna be any help to you at all??y yeah know your roots..but castes? thats just an excuse to look down on other people and to see where you are in this stupid hierarchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    You missed out so many! LOL
    yeah i know lol i was bored off my head lol

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe British born Pakistanis still believe in the caste system. I'm Pakistani and think it's a load of bull5****.

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue all I can say that im a Muslim

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.