Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I've recently had my UCAS sent off to apply to adult nursing at:
    Sheffield Hallam
    Uni of Nottingham
    Leeds Met
    Hull
    Lincoln

I think my first choice would be Sheffield Hallam. But as my UCAS has only just been sent I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm so nervous about interviews though. Can anybody give me any tips and what usually happens in the interviews? I've heard you can be asked to do presentations at Sheffield Hallam does anybody know much about that? Also what would you say in reply to being asked about nursing in the media? Because even though I try and read the nursing standards websites and stuff I still don't know how I'd answer it

Another thing, haha, erm is there any nursing students at Sheffield Hallam that can tell me where the best accomodation is? I want to be somewhere thats not too expensive, walking distance to the uni but I don't want to be "out of it" if you get me, want to be in the middle of it all. Also how long is the course? Do you need to get a 44 week contract on your accomodation?

Sorry it's like 20 questions haha, any help is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie1210)
    Another thing, haha, erm is there any nursing students at Sheffield Hallam that can tell me where the best accomodation is? I want to be somewhere thats not too expensive, walking distance to the uni but I don't want to be "out of it" if you get me, want to be in the middle of it all. Also how long is the course? Do you need to get a 44 week contract on your accomodation?

Sorry it's like 20 questions haha, any help is appreciated
    Nursing at Hallam is at Collegiate Campus... so any of the halls there is fine. Collegiate is also where most of the clubs and socs do their thing and it's on a road which is full of pubs and bars. The only thing is, i'm not sure whether you'll get the accommodation length that you need... You'd probably be alright up until the summer then need to move into a house/flat with your friends and just stay there... OR you could move into one of the accommodations that can let you stay there all the year round - The Forge is pretty close.. although it's Unite, so up to you if you decide to do that :p: Collegiate campus is relatively close to Royal Hallamshire hospital... But Sheffields main hospital is a MISSION away, and most of your placements will probably be there... Do you drive? If not, think logically about whether Sheff is the most sensible uni choice! Otherwise, from Collegiate you're looking at a bus into town and then another bus out to Northern General...all to get to shift at 7 in the morning..ouch.

ReputationRep:
    the NGH is hardly a 'mission' away and TBH there's not much accomodation out that way that's Student friendly,

Beds wise there's about a 50/ 50 split of acute beds in Sheffield between NGH and the Central Campus (RHH, WPH and Jessop ) and the paeds beds (other than SCBU/ NICU) are all at SCH.

I'm not sure what the SHU ways are in placement allocation and whether you'll get sent to the DGHs as well ( in the UoS days - if you were 'Sheffield' you didn't get DGH placements but equally those who were Doncaster + Bassetlaw , Rotherham ,Barnsley or North Derbyshire only got DGH placements ) but since the SHU takeover didn't include any of the UoS school of Nursing teaching buildings everyone is now based in Sheffield for theory rather than the Dearne Valley base for half the UG Adult branch and all the MH /LD students and the two Sheffield sites for the other half of adult UG, adult PG , Child and Madwife students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.