Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been seeing this guy a few months - we talk a lot but have only met up a handful of times, because he is at uni a few hours away amongst other reasons.

Anyway, since he's been back for christmas I've been to his house and met his family and it was really nice. But last night i went to a work party, got wasted and got off with a guy i've fancied for ages from work.

On the one hand because he is at uni our relationship is like casual to the max and he will definately have got with other girls at uni and i don't mind atall. But on the other hand since he got back from christmas we've been acting pretty coupley and I know from various sources that he likes me a lot.

Should I feel bad about this? Do I tell him? Is it cheating? I hate how unclear things are if you are 'seeing' someone, not like america where it is socially acceptable to date lots of people at once until it becomes official, so confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been seeing this guy a few months - we talk a lot but have only met up a handful of times, because he is at uni a few hours away amongst other reasons.

Anyway, since he's been back for christmas I've been to his house and met his family and it was really nice. But last night i went to a work party, got wasted and got off with a guy i've fancied for ages from work.

On the one hand because he is at uni our relationship is like casual to the max and he will definately have got with other girls at uni and i don't mind atall. But on the other hand since he got back from christmas we've been acting pretty coupley and I know from various sources that he likes me a lot.

Should I feel bad about this? Do I tell him? Is it cheating? I hate how unclear things are if you are 'seeing' someone, not like america where it is socially acceptable to date lots of people at once until it becomes official, so confusing.
    If you have to ask....

Nah but seriously you need too talk it over with him

ReputationRep:
    Figure out where exactly you are with this guy, then you'll know if it was cheating.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I don't think so.
    I would tell him about it, and ask him what the deal was with your relationship, best to get everything clear

ReputationRep:
    It would put me off taking the relationship further to be honest, as if you like somebody, you wouldn't kiss somebody else. But just talk things through and say you're confused about where you two are, and work out where you both want to go.

ReputationRep:
    Define 'seeing'. If you were faithful to each other when you were 'seeing' him before he went to uni I don't see the reason why you should act differently when you are apart. Then again you are casual so if it's like an open relationship you should know /find out the deal with him and other ladies. Get into a convo about this, don't mention just your side but his side too so that you are not the only one to be blamed in case he had sth serious in mind for the future.

ReputationRep:
    As a general rule, if you have to ask the answer is probably yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You had no commitment, so I wouldn’t tell him anything. If you’re interested in him find out where you are at now with him and proceed from that point. There’s no reason to bring up the extraneous crap.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel now. because some reason, i cannot always stay with my boyfriend together. maybe 25 days in a year. there is a long distance between us. but i know he love me so much, and i love him too. sometimes I tired of this kind of life and want to have a change, but i'm afriend of losing him forever. so i convince myself, and strive to maintain our relationship. i believe when we could stay together, we will feel very happy and will love each other forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cygnet)
    I know how you feel now. because some reason, i cannot always stay with my boyfriend together. maybe 25 days in a year. there is a long distance between us. but i know he love me so much, and i love him too. sometimes I tired of this kind of life and want to have a change, but i'm afriend of losing him forever. so i convince myself, and strive to maintain our relationship. i believe when we could stay together, we will feel very happy and will love each other forever.
    What?

OP- whether it's cheating or not can only be determined by you and this guy... I mean it sounds like it's not cheating really but if you are getting more and more coupley and it's leading onto a more non-casual (mind has blanked on a better word) relationship then he might mind if you mention it but then from the sounds of it if it were like that you could just draw a line in the sand and say from now on you're properly exclusive. As said before, methinks best thing is to talk to him about where you are and what the relationship is and then mention it if you want to/ think he will be comfortable with it......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.