This discussion is closed.
Kish
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi i have got a problem. I enjoy the pain of others i have nearly killed someone and did not regret it at all. I don't care i make life hard for other people and always go over the top when someone bumps into me. I got revenge on this person by nearly killing him, which i have mentioned before. Where can i go for help?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a priest.
zizero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Hi i have got a problem. I enjoy the pain of others i have nearly killed someone and did not regret it at all. I don't care i make life hard for other people and always go over the top when someone bumps into me. I got revenge on this person by nearly killing him, which i have mentioned before. Where can i go for help?
People who lack the ability to feel, are called psychopaths.

I'm not saying you are one (as I don't even know you), but if you do lack the ability to feel, be consoled by the fact that apparently it's a physiological condition: It's not your fault, your brain is built that way.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anger managment....or a bit of Clockwork Orange
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Where can i go for help?
HMP Wakefield.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
I know how that feels - I am physically incapable of feeling regret / empathy (a diagnosed narcissist). Still, counselling can help, so I'd recommend seeing someone on the NHS.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Definitely counselling, if not going to see a doctor.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)

Bottom block! Dude that is pretty serious you need counselling or some kind of help like quickly. Out of interest how did you nearly kill them?
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Look, if I were you, I'd forget counselling. The likelyhood is they'll put you on some kind of pills and force you to undergo rehabilitation schemes and such things. Plus, it's hardly anonymous.
Instead, I'd pop down to your local church and see the vicar/priest. Don't worry, they've heard it all before and will probably be more sympathetic and have more time on their hands than a counsellor.
Just my two pennies worth of advice; take it or leave it.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
Look, if I were you, I'd forget counselling. The likelyhood is they'll put you on some kind of pills and force you to undergo rehabilitation schemes and such things. Plus, it's hardly anonymous.
Instead, I'd pop down to your local church and see the vicar/priest. Don't worry, they've heard it all before and will probably be more sympathetic and have more time on their hands than a counsellor.
Just my two pennies worth of advice; take it or leave it.
The last thing he needs is some sanctimonious devoutee of a dead religion trying to convert him. Profesionally trained doctors are the only real recourse in this matter, and if they do prescribe drugs, it is always going to be in the individual's best interests. So please, leave the church to old ladies and priests - everyone else should live in the real world.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Just out of interest, do you play violent games, watch violent films or watch the news frequently? Something has to account for your "enjoyment" of the pain of other people.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Just out of interest, do you play violent games, watch violent films or watch the news frequently? Something has to account for your "enjoyment" of the pain of other people.
Don't be silly. Raine has proved that the brains of psychopaths are physiologically different to those of 'normal' people. These changes are likely to have been there since birth or caused by a serious head injury - no amount of violent computer games, films, books or realism can exenuate this.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
The last thing he needs is some sanctimonious devoutee of a dead religion trying to convert him.
Did I mention anything about converting?

Profesionally trained doctors are the only real recourse in this matter, and if they do prescribe drugs, it is always going to be in the individual's best interests.
Bulls**t
Doctors have very little time on their hands and often prescribe drugs just to get the matter off their hands. Take the number of people every year who are put on prozac when they are falsely diagnosed with depression

So please, leave the church to old ladies and priests - everyone else should live in the real world.
???
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't be silly. Raine has proved that the brains of psychopaths are physiologically different to those of 'normal' people. These changes are likely to have been there since birth or caused by a serious head injury - no amount of violent computer games, films, books or realism can exenuate this.
So, he's a psycopath now?!?

I don't think shooting sprees in america can be blamed entirely on video games and films, but they must have some effect on young impressionable kids.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
So, he's a psycopath now?!?

I don't think shooting sprees in america can be blamed entirely on video games and films, but they must have some effect on young impressionable kids.
Well said. The two boys who killed that Bulger boy in Liverpool (ten years ago?) admitted at court having watched Terminator shortly before and admitted it had had an effect on their behaviour
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
Well said. The two boys who killed that Bulger boy in Liverpool (ten years ago?) admitted at court having watched Terminator shortly before and admitted it had had an effect on their behaviour
that was just an excuse. where in the film does he go and abduct a four year old and kill him on the railway tracks? think how many people have watched terminator? how many of them have gone on to kill someone because of the film?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
that was just an excuse. where in the film does he go and abduct a four year old and kill him on the railway tracks? think how many people have watched terminator? how many of them have gone on to kill someone because of the film?
Completely true - violence in the media is not the sole reason for violence in the world. Psychopaths still exist in places in the world where television has never even been heard of.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Completely true - violence in the media is not the sole reason for violence in the world. Psychopaths still exist in places in the world where television has never even been heard of.
in fact, more studies have shown that TV promotes pro-social, rather than anti-social behaviour
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
in fact, more studies have shown that TV promotes pro-social, rather than anti-social behaviour
Not sure about that, but it definitely doesn't promote murder (although I sometimes get the urge to kill something whenever I watch Coronation Street).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads