The Student Room Group

Don't think I miss my boyfriend - a bad sign?

Hello all! Sorry if this all sounds a little silly, I think I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance here! My boyfriend and I met at university last October, and have been together for just over a year now. We live about 2 hours away from each other, so seeing each other in the holidays isn't always convenient, and in the past I've found myself missing him a fair bit during them. However, I've been home for just under a week, and haven't really felt the same...pining feeling? Am just a bit worried that it might be a bad sign! We talk most days, while before I might have felt like I needed to, now it's more enjoyable rather than anything, but not the end of the world if either of us is busy.

My last relationship was only a few months long, so maybe I'm reading too much into this, and it's quite a normal feeling? It's just that one of his friends warned him the other day about spending too much time together, saying that his current relationship almost ended because of it as it seemed to kill the "spark". Admittedly we spent more time together this term than in any other, but it never felt any different/unenjoyable, so I wouldn't have thought it would make too much of a difference? We're also going on holiday in a few days with his parents, so maybe I'd feel more upset about us being apart if we weren't going to see each other again so soon.

Tell me that I'm just being stupid, please :biggrin: thanks for reading!
Reply 1
your not being stupid.

I have a boyfriend and have been with him now, nearly 4 and a half years, and I do get days where I don't miss him, and I love my boyfriend very much.
it's a phase, some days I really miss and him, and others I don't

as soon as you get on that plane together to go on holiday, your worries will fade :biggrin:
Being able to remain emotionally unattached is a valuable skill you should cherish. Much better to not miss him than to be a clingy, insecure nut. :nt:
Reply 3
Yeah, I get this ALL THE TIME. Tbh, I don't understand what people are going on about when they talk about missing someone! How utterly pathetic.
Reply 4
No it probably means you are rational and not joined by the hip.
No, it's good that you aren't dependant on him, it's more healthy to be happy on your own as well as with him :smile: As long as the passion's still there, and more importantly, the love, then you're all good. :smile:
Good luck x
No, it's not. :h:

It's good that you can enjoy time away from him without missing him too much.
Reply 7
I don't think it's a bad sign. You haven't been apart very long yet anyway and you still talk. It's perfectly normal to not miss someone in those circumstances.
Maybe you're a homosexual?
Also sometimes you don't realise how much you've missed someone until you see them again :smile:
I've been with my boyfriend for 18 months, and this will be the first day since we got together that I haven't text him, and he hasn't text me. I don't think it shows anything- just that sometimes you have other things to do, and it's kinda good that you trust your boyfriend enough not to feel the need to be with him 24/7!
I have been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and I haven't seen him now in nearly 5 weeks. I don't feel like I miss him, and when he tells me he misses me it annoys me for some reason. But I know that when I see him we will have a great time together and I won't want to stop hugging him! I feel like an unemotionally ***** because of it and don't want to hurt his feelings but not telling him I miss him too!
Original post by GdotL
Yeah, I get this ALL THE TIME. Tbh, I don't understand what people are going on about when they talk about missing someone! How utterly pathetic.

Harsh.
Its like i wrote what u wrote myself!! Can we please talk about this , im in desperate need of help ...
Original post by Swaaaaaan_01
Its like i wrote what u wrote myself!! Can we please talk about this , im in desperate need of help ...

Now a good time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending