Turn on thread page Beta

Best protection watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know there will have been a thread for this already, but I couldn't find it

I've gotten my sister a laptop for Christmas and I need a REALLY good anti-virus

I'm willing to pay for it, because I need something really tough, she downloads so much crap/goes on rubbish sites.

I know I could Google this, but I know people on here will probably know better

Oh and I don't really like Norton. But I'm not the one using it...

Thank you a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    I know there will have been a thread for this already, but I couldn't find it

I've gotten my sister a laptop for Christmas and I need a REALLY good anti-virus

I'm willing to pay for it, because I need something really tough, she downloads so much crap/goes on rubbish sites.

I know I could Google this, but I know people on here will probably know better

Oh and I don't really like Norton.

Thank you a lot

My free option :
    AVG antivirus, Zone alarm firewall and scotty the watchdog for monitoring any changes in the registory.

If not then you can get an all in one security suite :
    Seeing as you dont like Norton (?) then i would suggest kaspersky/avg internet security suite.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    comodo internet security solid protection. its free and better than the commercial solutions i've tried: norton, mcafee, kaspersky

ReputationRep:
    There was 42 views on this, but only 2 replies

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.