Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Playstation Plus Questions Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, hoping people here can help me with some questions that I do not seem to be able to find the answer to on the Playstation website:

1. One of the 'benefits' of having the subscription is that all your game updates are done for you. Can you select which games you automatically get the updates for? I wouldn't really want to get updates for games that i have sold on

2. Are there any games/ expansion packs that are exempt from you needing to have the subscription to continue playing them when it runs out?

3. In your experience, is it worth it? My PS3 is new. I will only be using it to play exclusives and watch movies.. so do the updates etc come out a lot of the time? I've had quite a few so far but that's because I'm playing games like LBP that have been out a few years now.

Thnx
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy1245)
    Hi Guys, hoping people here can help me with some questions that I do not seem to be able to find the answer to on the Playstation website:

1. One of the 'benefits' of having the subscription is that all your game updates are done for you. Can you select which games you automatically get the updates for? I wouldn't really want to get updates for games that i have sold on

2. Are there any games/ expansion packs that are exempt from you needing to have the subscription to continue playing them when it runs out?

3. In your experience, is it worth it? My PS3 is new. I will only be using it to play exclusives and watch movies.. so do the updates etc come out a lot of the time? I've had quite a few so far but that's because I'm playing games like LBP that have been out a few years now.

Thnx
    1. AFAIK, it's just an on/off setting, and also includes uatomatic downloads of trial games and videos. See here: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/suppor...atic-Download/

2. The free content that comes with PS Plus requires you to continue subscribing (in effect, you get a free licence until the expiry of your subscription), but content bought with a discount remains yours.

3. I don't personally have PS Plus, but the key feature as I see it is the free content and discounts. How much do you currently buy content from the PS Store? That's going to be the best way way to judge whether it's a good service for you to get.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.