Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fight with girlfriend - Need some advice. Watch

hi anon because I have friends, mainly who use the fitness section on this site, but whatever. I don't normally post here but I need some help. Please read the whole thing to get the full picture, if not - TLDR;at the end.

Yesterday, me and my girlfriend (of about 10 months) had our first proper fight. We had a small thing earlier but that resulted in me getting angry and leaving her and then her finally appologising and then I decided to give things another go, anyway.. She has this friend who goes to her college and is on the same course as her and she has told my girlfriend that i've been cheating on her, and going out to the main club in the town to pull, whilst going out with her, and aparently 'my type' never change and always need more than one partner???? :confused:. This is all ofcourse, total bull****.

Anyway last night she came into my room and confronted me about it, saying how could i do this etc.. I was obviously confused and denied that I had even gone to any clubs without her or our group knowing and I had definately not gone and left with a different girl. She got really angry and called me a liar and other bad things - At this point I asked who told her this, and ofcourse I knew the girl who had been saying these things and I knew that she was a complete **** stirrer. I told my gf this and she got even more angry and started whaling and stuff and i just had enough and said "look you naive *****, i've told you what I think of that girl and you can believe her or me" and she then slapped me (hard). I opened the
    door and pushed her out, and slammed the door, resulting in breaking the top hinge (not one of my priorities at the moment).

Now I was really disgusted with the fact that she would believe some ***** that has had it in for me for some reason ever since we were freshers last year over me, and her slapping me wast just it. It took alot out of me not to punch her back, because thats what I felt like doing, but I was brought up never to hit women, so I just forced her to leave and havn't done anything since. As you can imagine this is quite embaressing especially as im a 6ft guy who just got his nose broken by a girl (thus being anon). I've only told one friend of mine who thinks I should just leave her and have done with it, he also said I should have hit her back, but i'm not like that, also being a prespective lawyer, cannot have that on record.

Anyway what i'm basically asking is that what should I do now? I have a broken nose - I think i'll just say that was a rugby accident but more importantly what do I do with her? I am disgusted by the way that she behaved, and I worry that if I even considered taking her back it would make me look and feel weak, also how can she respect me knowing that she can hit me and get away with it? How will anyone else? Because I didn't hit her back, I feel that it would be unfair for me just to give up and let her back into my life. Funny thing is, now I do feel like going to the clubs with my real friends and maybe even to pull.

The good thing is that if I don't want anything to do with her then I won't have to see her, as shes at a different college, on a different course.

TLDR; Girlfriend heard i was cheating from a friend (not true) I said some things out of anger to her, and then she slapped me, though more with her palm so she broke my nose and I resisted hitting her back. I need to know whether or not I should just tell her to leave me alone or what? I also need to know what to tell people what happened - I was thinking a rugby accident for the nose and then I don't know what to tell people about why we broke up.

Advice is appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Are you made out of eggshells?
    How can a slap break your nose?

She's finding a place to bury your body right now.

Hide.

ReputationRep:
      If you don't want to be with her then leave.
      Seriously though, your girlfriend owned you with a slap.

Bad times.

ReputationRep:
      I dont think you guys should go out anymore. There is no trust from her side and you seem to be over her already

ReputationRep:
      A broken nose from a slap? Is she a boxer or something?

In all seriousness if you are unhappy in your relationship you should end it; it was wrong of her to slap you and if you have done nothing wrong and she doesn't believe you she doesn't trust you for some reason. It might be best to end it if there is no way of things getting back to the way they were.

ReputationRep:
      Alot of girl-violence going on..

I can understand why she might not be sure whether to trust you, you have a clear incentive not to tell her the truth if you did cheat, and it can be hard to feel unsure like that - not knowing whether the trust the person who could break your heart, or hurt you alot, etc. But still, too far.

Sounds like it all got out of hand, must have been one bloody hard slap if it broke your nose, harsh. If you still want to go out with her, make her grovel a bit before you forgive her, so she knows she can't 'get away with it'? If you think you might want to get back with her though, it might be wise to avoid going out and pulling at the moment whilst you're angry..

ReputationRep:
      Well, seeing as she broke your nose, and that you still want to be with her, I think that you have the upper hand to be honest. But the bigger question is, do you want to be with her. You can ask every forum on the internet if you think that you should stay with her, but no matter what people say, you should go with how YOU feel about the situation. I can understand that she was upset, and I can understand a slap, but I am sure she did not go out with intentions to break your nose. And at the same time, I can also understand what you said.

Talk to her, see how she feels, and assess it all from there. Go with how you feel, not what friend say, or what people on an internet forum say. You are the one that has come out of it best (bar the broken nose). You did not hit her, and you did not do what the girl said you did. There has to be trust there though.

P.S. You might want to quickly edit the swears before the mods get ya!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Boobies.)
      Alot of girl-violence going on..
      I wonder if it's all the same poster... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mm_Minty)
      Are you made out of eggshells?
      How can a slap break your nose?
      Women mutate when angry, or so I heard.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4TSR)
      Women mutate when angry, or so I heard.
      If that were true, my brother would be nothing more than a bloody pulp on the floor.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by katyness)
      I dont think you guys should go out anymore. There is no trust from her side and you seem to be over her already
      you must get into long and stable relationships
      one fight and it's over
      if the world was made out of the commitment of relationship like that, we'd all be oily and slippery,
      nothing would be solid...

ReputationRep:
      Is it the bad economy or tuition fee hikes or what that there are so many violent girls around?
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      :lolwut:

She's not the one for you. You're a nice guy and you deserve someone who treats you with respect and most importantly, TRUSTS you.

ReputationRep:
      i would have knocked her into next week

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)

being a prespective lawyer
      Really??????

This country is ****ed

ReputationRep:
      leave her...if she can slap you and get away with it then it means that she doesnt have any respect for you!..break all contacts with her and see what hapens then!!good luck..

ReputationRep:
      Confront your girlfriend and the other friend. At the same time. And place.

ReputationRep:
      Talk to her once and if it seems anything is getting right part your ways.

ReputationRep:
      well u probably shouldn't have called her a *****... the saying is '*****es be crayzeh' for a reason...

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.