Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Angry. Am I being unreasonable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday, a friend of mine lost his wallet at the train station. I felt sorry for him so i tried to help by calling the train station every few hours if they found it and even checked up the train's website for any information for lost and found. I tried to contact him thorugh phone but he didn't reply my messages. Just now he told me that he didn't reply because he was in the movies and he has forgotten about it and seems that it's not worth it to try to find it.

I was furious about this. At least he could let me know rather then using me to constantly find it and search it throughout the whole day! Am I being unreasonable here or i was just being used.

ReputationRep:
    You have a right to feel furious, tbh.

Maybe he didn't have any valuables inside his wallet. :dontknow:

I wouldn't say you were being used as he didn't ask you to search for it so he might have no idea that you actually were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    You have a right to feel furious, tbh.

Maybe he didn't have any valuables inside his wallet. :dontknow:

I wouldn't say you were being used as he didn't ask you to search for it so he might have no idea that you actually were.
    He said there are many personal things etc2. So that's why I helped out. He didn't but he knew that I was helping out. At least he could tell me about it rather then letting me spent my time calling again and again.

ReputationRep:
    You're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Did he realise you were calling the train station? If he knew, you have a right to be angry imo.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand people who take it upon themselves to expend tremendous effort then get pissed off when they don't get the gratitude they expected.

ReputationRep:
    If he knew everything you had been doing, then you have the right to be angry, and if so then I would confront him. If he didn't know, then no; leave it.
    good luck x

You weren't used in anyway. Did he ask you to check around? No, not by the sounds of it.

It was your feelings that made you phone around and try and help him. The fact he was in the cinema doing whatever is regardless.

ReputationRep:
      If he didn't ask for you to help out to the extent you did, you shouldn't really be angry. If he did ask you to spend all day phoning around then fair enough, but it sounds like your friend wasn't particularly bothered about losing his wallet so it was a bit of a waste of time.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.