Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finally found the best brow pencil Watch

ReputationRep:
    I posted a thread before about my brows.

In short the beautician made a mess of them when threading them, so I am having to fill in the sparse areas. Thing is, that can look like you have gotten a marker and scribbled 2 lines on your face :p:

That is, unless you are using: Smashbox brow tech.

I thought I would share this, as I found it SO annoying when after trying everything from Mac to Dior, I didnt like them :hmmmm:

Anyway, here is a pic of the brows (sorry in this pic I'm "all up in your grill"...ie its really close to my face...anyway) what do you think? Im convinced its an improvement, at least until they grow backkkk

ps excuse my housecoat :teeth: it is comfy to study in (plus its colllld)

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/photo1458.jpg/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

In short the beautician made a mess of them when threading them, so I am having to fill in the sparse areas. Thing is, that can look like you have gotten a marker and scribbled 2 lines on your face :p:

I thought I would share this, as I found it SO annoying when after trying everything from Mac to Dior, I didnt like them :hmmmm:

Anyway, here is a pic of the brows (sorry in this pic I'm "all up in your grill"...ie its really close to my face...anyway) what do you think? Im convinced its an improvement, at least until they grow backkkk

:eek: How did they manage to screw up your eyebrows through threading ??

They look perfectly natural, but shaped, in that pic so good find I reckon!

My eyebrows could do with darkening a tiny bit. They are fair, lighter than my hair , and naturally thin... have you come across anything you think might be good to help me make them look ever so slightly more prominent? I've been looking recently - in Boots, mostly - but so far have only really found ones that would practically colour over mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    :eek: How did they manage to screw up your eyebrows through threading ??

They look perfectly natural, but shaped, in that pic so good find I reckon!

My eyebrows could do with darkening a tiny bit. They are fair, lighter than my hair , and naturally thin... have you come across anything you think might be good to help me make them look ever so slightly more prominent? I've been looking recently - in Boots, mostly - but so far have only really found ones that would practically colour over mine.
    Clinique do a good one. Also sounds stupid, but George at ASDA do good pencils for fairer haired peeps...I found the darker ones to be too "red" toned and black was too much.

The thing I like about the smashbox one is a) It is chisel shaped (ie the pic below shows this) it helps you shape them, but without it looking too severe a line and b) you can build up the colour, its fairly light but if you press harder, the colour comes through.

It is however a tad expensive, but seeing as my brows are in such a state (and I HAVE NO IDEA how she managed it, I didnt have it in me to have a go though .....thought it was worth the investment)

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/photo1463w.jpg/

ReputationRep:
    Clinique do a good one. Also sounds stupid, but George at ASDA do good pencils for fairer haired peeps...I found the darker ones to be too "red" toned and black was too much.

The thing I like about the smashbox one is a) It is chisel shaped (ie the pic below shows this) it helps you shape them, but without it looking too severe a line and b) you can build up the colour, its fairly light but if you press harder, the colour comes through.

It is however a tad expensive, but seeing as my brows are in such a state (and I HAVE NO IDEA how she managed it, I didnt have it in me to have a go though .....thought it was worth the investment)

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/photo1463w.jpg/
    Aah don't Clinique do a powder one too? I think I got shoved towards the powder one but felt that it might not quite be right for such think eyebrows?

I'm going Asda in the morning so I'll check, thanks - Never thought to look there!

The Smashbox one definitely sounds good! And seeing as my hair looks a different shade of brown depending on what day it is I could probably do with one that builds up!

Cheers anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I use the MAC lingering one, because my brows are so blonde, they're nearly white (even though my hair is a light brown colour) and i think it gives them a really red tinge.
    Thanks for the tip... I'll try that out.

ReputationRep:
    It looks good, I actually had a look at the smashbox brow kit. It was in a little circle tub... and the guy over there showed me the new brow pencil and it has the gel at the other end.

I was kind of close to buying the pencil one today... but it doesnt come with any brushes? What shade did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Clinique do a good one.

ReputationRep:
    I really like your eyebrows. I ran out of eyebrow pencil and had to resort to my black eyeliner... but it still looks good.

ReputationRep:

Do you find it to be softer than the Mac ones? I'm fair, and I love the colour of my Mac one, but I find the texture to be a bit waxy - you have to push quite hard to get any colour on your face!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I work for Smashbox Make Up in Croydon, everyone loves the brow tech when I put it on them, It brings definition to the eye and gives it a life, love it. Your brows look perfect hun. I stick to plucking my own brows, I'm to scared!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I like. I wish such sculpted eyebrows looked as good on me.

I'm happy with my Benefit brow box though

ReputationRep:

Your lenses are really impressive, I have to say!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.