This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
how is that possible? :confused:
I aced the exam - it was 25% multiple choice and even the proper paper was short answers, only needed 70%+ to get a B.

I got 100% in the mock which was why I was allowed to take the exam even though my coursework mark was abysmal.

Had an E for design and technology portfolio (another 25% one) and ended up with a B overall for that too.

:shrug:
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Er, 83/120 for Module 1 History.

Essentially the only marks I dropped at AS.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
47/90 for computing module 3. Which was regraded to 60 summat. The school got every paper re-marked and they all went up by 10 or more. It was a joke.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In my AS's I got a C in eng lit which was weird cos it meant i failed one unit (when I should have done much better).

Turns out the dumbass marker had only read the 4 from my 14/20 hence the fail in that unit. It was re-marked and I ended up getting one mark off an A overall - think that pissed me off more!
Scout
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a D in my english lang mocks. . . opps
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
47/90 for computing module 3. Which was regraded to 60 summat. The school got every paper re-marked and they all went up by 10 or more. It was a joke.
Doesn't surprise me. I think there are more than a few issues with the examination of that module. (ie they only do it as they do because it is easier to get less qualified people to mark the exam rather than if it was proper coursework).

I got 90/90 but missed so many questions and put ambiguous answers to others that I assume the undertrained marker just looked at the (very professionally produced) report, and assumed the gobbledygook i'd written on the answer paper was correct.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Scout)
a D in my english lang mocks. . . opps
oh, are we counting mocks?!

in that case, U. Several times over, lol...
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
In my AS's I got a C in eng lit which was weird cos it meant i failed one unit (when I should have done much better).

Turns out the dumbass marker had only read the 4 from my 14/20 hence the fail in that unit. It was re-marked and I ended up getting one mark off an A overall - think that pissed me off more!
My history teacher said once that somebody got 74 for one of their history units, but the person inputing the marks into the computer only put down 7, so it looked like he's got a U on his results. Of course he had it remarked and they realised what had happened, but still, quite scary.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got B in maths and physics
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
My history teacher said once that somebody got 74 for one of their history units, but the person inputing the marks into the computer only put down 7, so it looked like he's got a U on his results. Of course he had it remarked and they realised what had happened, but still, quite scary.
I had that on the computer for my predicted art grade the computer person put an F in... it was actually an A, I was like WHF!!!!!!!!!!!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had an E (45/100) in the first Politics module. To date my lowest module grade is C in Economics 3. Pending results from three Maths exams (all so easy!), an Accounting one and an Economics one.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
C for Biology.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey i got a D on an A2 Eng Lit exam - something just over 50%, but still got an A overall
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got UUU. I didn't turn up to any of the exams.:rolleyes:
I got an A for key skills though, odd since I barely went to any of the lessons.
emmz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Lbar)
I got UUU. I didn't turn up to any of the exams.:rolleyes:
I got an A for key skills though, odd since I barely went to any of the lessons.
lol sounds like me forgetting to turn up for the french GCSE.
so wot r u doin now then resitting
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
4/100

Which I was fairly pleased with, seeing as didn't turn up to it.
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
lol sounds like me forgetting to turn up for the french GCSE.
so wot r u doin now then resitting
Nah, I'm doing a BTEC HNC which on its own is equivalent of 4 A levels. Basically like a foundations degree but before they came about.
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
4/100

Which I was fairly pleased with, seeing as didn't turn up to it.

is it possible to get 4/100,.............did u just write your name? and got 4 marks for it???
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope, I didn't even turn up for it. Maybe they put the paper on my desk and marked it for being tidy. :rolleyes:
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Nope, I didn't even turn up for it. Maybe they put the paper on my desk and marked it for being tidy. :rolleyes:
I got a C for one of my Lit modules, but surprisingly, the other Lit module was an A and somehow it turned out to be an overall A. Which just confuses me :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads