Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i am currently in 2nd year of uni, 19 years old and have yet to have sex with a girl.
    i don't consider myself shy at all, and have a wide circle of friends including 5 or 6 girls.

all my friends here have had sex and i'm embarressed to admit i haven't. i have only had a couple of short term relationships in my life and would really like to find the right girl.

all my friends who are girls are absolutely great to hang out with and so i've developed "frienditis" - i really like them but can't bring myself to get to know them romatically, although i would like to (it would be so embarressing!) it would destroy the friendship if i was rejected.

please help!!!! really want to lose my virginity before i'm 20! need some advice

ReputationRep:
    Don't rush into losing your virginity with a girl you've only just met because chances are you'll regret it! If there is a girl you like don't be shy to tell her how you feel, just go for it

ReputationRep:
    why are you in such a hurry? It may be cool to your mates to have had sex with a load of girls, but guess what? girls hate that! :facepalm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My advice to you is completely useless, but correct imo
    If you want to find someone, you have to stop looking :yep:
    The whole 'watched pan never boils' works for this too.. if you want to lose your virginity, and you'll probably not want to do this on a one night stand (but if you do, fair enough) then you'll probably find when you give up looking you'll meet someone
    It's how my ex and I found each other

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't worry so much about sex. Not speaking from someone with expirience, but it's importance seems overplayed to me. Take your time and find someone you connect with and it'll happen. Nothing wrong with a one night-stand, but you only get to lose your virginity once so you might aswell make it an important one. If you're sentimental that way.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever thought about alcohol?

No, but seriously, it's not a race mate. You won't turn into the 40 year old virgin don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i am currently in 2nd year of uni, 19 years old and have yet to have sex with a girl.
    i don't consider myself shy at all, and have a wide circle of friends including 5 or 6 girls.

all my friends here have had sex and i'm embarressed to admit i haven't. i have only had a couple of short term relationships in my life and would really like to find the right girl.

all my friends who are girls are absolutely great to hang out with and so i've developed "frienditis" - i really like them but can't bring myself to get to know them romatically, although i would like to (it would be so embarressing!) it would destroy the friendship if i was rejected.

please help!!!! really want to lose my virginity before i'm 20! need some advice
    Girls never go for their male friends, so you're ****ed there.

Better luck next time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.