Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been in my relationship with my boyfriend about 4 months now and over that time, it seems to be going really well apart from a few things. I can't help my paranoia, I am constantly worrying if 'still' cares and isn't thinking about someone else. I get paranoid when he doesnt text me back or reply in a positive tone on msn. I can't help my paranoia because most of the time at the start of the year, my negative paranoid thoughts were, in the end, true.

I thought he understood this, but now he seems to get angry at the fact I'm so paranoid. He told me doesn't like it, I just can't stop myself :'(

ReputationRep:
    I was the exact same and I'm sorry to say there probably isn't much you can do. It's far too easy to become paranoid with things like facebook now. I was in a relationship and even though I really liked them I was glad when it was over. I just felt so much better and didn't have to care anymore about what he was doing or thinking. It feels good!
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been in my relationship with my boyfriend about 4 months now and over that time, it seems to be going really well apart from a few things. I can't help my paranoia, I am constantly worrying if 'still' cares and isn't thinking about someone else. I get paranoid when he doesnt text me back or reply in a positive tone on msn. I can't help my paranoia because most of the time at the start of the year, my negative paranoid thoughts were, in the end, true.

I thought he understood this, but now he seems to get angry at the fact I'm so paranoid. He told me doesn't like it, I just can't stop myself :'(
    What you need to remember, he's with you because he wants you. If he doesn't text back you need to tell yourself he is probably busy. The trouble is if you keep being paranoid on what he's up to etc then he will end up resenting you and eventually it will drive him away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean that he isnt banging your sister... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Every time you start thinking something paranoid, slap yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.