Why do you noobs on TSR post your academic achievements on here?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    To show off?

Who actually cares?

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

I am a failure. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when people discuss university applications people ask for their grades and where they're applying, so putting achievements in their sig saves time, but some do probably do it to show off.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it upset you?

thestudentroom

ReputationRep:
      Who cares?

Dude, you made a thread about it!

ReputationRep:
      I've put my UCAS stuff in there, but only because people kept asking me and it saves me typing it out. But really, this place is for students, and if these students want to post their GCSE/A-Level/Uni grades then that's up to them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Farseer)
      Why does it upset you?
      No, I just wonder what sense of self worth people gain from doing it? Just shows how sad some people are that they take the time to actually list and remember all their grades.

(Original post by morecambebay)
      thestudentroom
      I'm sure the prerequisite of being a "student" is more than grades....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by treyno)
      No, I just wonder what sense of self worth people gain from doing it?
      You're assuming people do it to show off, that may not be the case though. They may feel that their A in maths 'backs up' the advice they give in the maths forum, or that they had AAB at A-level and still manged to get into x university (as an example that perfect grades aren't needed).

Just shows how sad some people are that they take the time to actually list and remember all their grades.
      I can remember my grades fairly easy and it's not exactly a long list :p:

ReputationRep:
      I haz a nobel prize in anal sex though! I want the world to know. Receptive.

ReputationRep:
      No, I just wonder what sense of self worth people gain from doing it? Just shows how sad some people are that they take the time to actually list and remember all their grades.

I'm sure the prerequisite of being a "student" is more than grades....
      :confused:

Students study, grades are a huge part of studying.....student room... lots of students...lots of grades.

Its also quite common for people to be proud of their achievements, but then most people shouldn't have to be told that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EggmanD)
      :confused:

Students study, grades are a huge part of studying.....student room... lots of students...lots of grades.

Its also quite common for people to be proud of their achievements, but then most people shouldn't have to be told that.
      (Original post by Farseer)
      You're assuming people do it to show off, that may not be the case though. They may feel that their A in maths 'backs up' the advice they give in the maths forum, or that they had AAB at A-level and still manged to get into x university (as an example that perfect grades aren't needed).

I can remember my grades fairly easy and it's not exactly a long list :p:
      But seriously, why post it for other's to see?! Unless it is in context to what you are saying/talking about, why should it be there for all to see? I couldn't give a **** what x y or z has at A/AS level or GCSE KS2 sats etc... It's just laughable to think what goes through some people's minds when they post what they got for GCSE food tech or A level general studies for instance!

ReputationRep:
      But seriously, why post it for other's to see?! Unless it is in context to what you are saying/talking about, why should it be there for all to see? I couldn't give a **** what x y or z has at A/AS level or GCSE KS2 sats etc... It's just laughable to think what goes through some people's minds when they post what they got for GCSE food tech or A level general studies for instance!
      Sigh...

Please learn to read or ill just call troll and leave you alone.

Its also quite common for people to be proud of their achievements
      Wonder why swearwords are blanked or maybe even why people post GCSE results? well... maybe because kids doing GCSE's are on here you complete derp.

Putting aside the factors of telling people grades in an attempt to find some direction in life based on merit vs choice or general guidance or another quite obvious reason why someone would post their results in relevant sections or just on their profile for everyone to see how smart they are not that it means anything to me but it does to some.

ReputationRep:
      why does it bother you??

ReputationRep:
      Sigh...

Please learn to read or ill just call troll and leave you alone.

Wonder why swearwords are blanked or maybe even why people post GCSE results? well... maybe because kids doing GCSE's are on here you complete derp.

Putting aside the factors of telling people grades in an attempt to find some direction in life based on merit vs choice or general guidance or another quite obvious reason why someone would post their results in relevant sections or just on their profile for everyone to see how smart they are not that it means anything to me but it does to some.

"Sigh"... I did read what you said, I considered what you said to be objectively different to my views, so I imparted my own opinion upon you.

ReputationRep:
      If you couldn't give a ****...then why are you making a thread about it :cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lilzoldier)
      If you couldn't give a ****...then why are you making a thread about it :cool:
      I'm just fascinated at why people, such as yourself choose to do it, and what you actually achieve from doing it?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.