Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Canadian applying to UK LAW Watch

ReputationRep:
    So im currently applying to 5 diff British Law schools for the undergrad LLB. I will already have an undergrad degree from Brock University (Ontario, Canada). My High school average was 71% and my average from uni should be around 68-70%. Now considering my marks are low can i expect to get any offers? I also have significant work experiance in a law firm more than most students. ALso i have a killer resume with managerial work experiance.

ReputationRep:
    which universities have you applied to in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    i applied to Newcastle, Leicester, Sussex, Manchester, Coventery

ReputationRep:
    They don't just take your marks into account...they also look at your personal statement. You just have to show them that you are very passionate about law and really want to study it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macnoob)
    i applied to Newcastle, Leicester, Sussex, Manchester, Coventery
    Newcastle's a fantastic city and a good university.

ReputationRep:
    Greetings, fellow Canadian! Best of luck with whichever uni you choose and I agree with the above post, that Newcastle is a city with a lot happening. You definitely wouldn't be short of a nice social life there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm from BC and also applying to UK LLB programs, albeit I'm applying straight from high school. I'm curious as to which subject your degree was in.

Also the experience in the law firm will be a nice component to your personal statement. Anyways, I wish you luck with your choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hetman Vladislav)
    I'm from BC and also applying to UK LLB programs, albeit I'm applying straight from high school. I'm curious as to which subject your degree was in.

Also the experience in the law firm will be a nice component to your personal statement. Anyways, I wish you luck with your choices.
    I did my undergrad in Poli Sci, and good luck to you aswell. Have you sent your UCAS application in cuz im still waiting on a proff for a refference letter and i feel im pushing this to late.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is meant to be quite tricky to get into.

ReputationRep:
    I did my undergrad in Poli Sci, and good luck to you aswell. Have you sent your UCAS application in cuz im still waiting on a proff for a refference letter and i feel im pushing this to late.
    I've already sent my UCAS application back in October. You should try to finish it as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:

I'm also a Canadian applying for Law, 2011 entry and will have a BA in Poli sci and Economics in April. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Good luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    UNCONDITIONAL FROM LEICESTER!!! but kinda hoping for Newcastle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.