ReputationRep:
    As the title says, does anyone know the BB code for embedding a youtube video into your post for this forum? Thanks very much in advance.

ReputationRep:
    [youtube ]{video ID}[/youtube ]

Without the spaces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    [youtube ]{video ID}[/youtube ]

Without the spaces
    EDIT: Sorry, I did enter something wrong. Thank you very much for the help compadre. +1

ReputationRep:
    Nope, video appears fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Nope, video appears fine
    Sorry to keep asking. Do you know the BB for creating an anchor and how to reference to that from within a post? (e.g anchor is here and I want to link to it from here).

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Sorry to keep asking. Do you know the BB for creating an anchor and how to reference to that from within a post? (e.g anchor is here and I want to link to it from here).
    I'm afraid that there isn't such a code to create anchors. However, the vBulletin software automatically creates anchors to each post within a thread based on post number - for example, my post here is post #7 (shown in the top-right of the 'postbit' above my post), so can be linked to using http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hp?t=1496942#7 (note the "#7" on the end of the URL").

You can create hyperlinks from a post either just by typing them, or by using the code [url="Link address"]Text[/url]

For a full list of the BB codes available on the site, take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.u?k/misc.php?do=bbcode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I'm afraid that there isn't such a code to create anchors. However, the vBulletin software automatically creates anchors to each post within a thread based on post number - for example, my post here is post #7 (shown in the top-right of the 'postbit' above my post), so can be linked to using http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hp?t=1496942#7 (note the "#7" on the end of the URL").

You can create hyperlinks from a post either just by typing them, or by using the code [url="Link address"]Text[/url]

For a full list of the BB codes available on the site, take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.u?k/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Thanks very much for the reply. I see what you mean about it automatically creating anchors for a post but I wondered if it was possible to have anchors within the post itself.

In that case, does the no parse code work for this instance or is it used to linking to different posts?

Thanks also for the full list of BB codes too.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Thanks very much for the reply. I see what you mean about it automatically creating anchors for a post but I wondered if it was possible to have anchors within the post itself.

In that case, does the no parse code work for this instance or is it used to linking to different posts?

Thanks also for the full list of BB codes too.
    Ignore the [noparse] tags that you see when quoting my post - those are there to stop the BB code taking effect in my post, so that I can show you how it works. I understood what your question was, but no, it's not possible to create anchors within a post. You'd need to use HTML for that, but it's disabled here for security reasons. The [URL] code is used for linking to pages/anchors that already exist, not for creating them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Ignore the [noparse] tags that you see when quoting my post - those are there to stop the BB code taking effect in my post, so that I can show you how it works. I understood what your question was, but no, it's not possible to create anchors within a post. You'd need to use HTML for that, but it's disabled here for security reasons. The [URL] code is used for linking to pages/anchors that already exist, not for creating them.
    Ah I see. Well, thank you for your response and time. Much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cubgWvBfs24

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.