Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going to be studying Business Management with Marketing at the Moulsecoomb campus next year however I'm a little worried about the accommodation. The website provides like 1 picture, and the "virtual tour" isn't very virtual to say the least!

What's the accommodation like in Moulsecoomb Place?

Would you recommend other accommodation instead of Moulsecoomb? Would it be worth that extra journey each day?

Just looking to get some ideas and views of current students. Or even perspective students if there are any who have been!

Merry Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an unconditional offer then?

I'm hoping to get into Brighton. I hear their accomodation is quite pricey.

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional however I'm well above target for what they're asking for (BCC).
    And yeh, from the research I've done I can see it is fairly pricey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reeces101)
    I've never set foot in the halls but I haven't heard complaints.
    It is pricey, but you're paying for the ability to roll out of bed 10 minutes before a lecture, also not having to worry about: bills, deposits, grumpy landlords...
    They also seem to be catered too which I didn't realize .
    It isn't that pricey once you go into the other factors that push your living costs up beyond a standard £95 pcm when you're renting privately.

Bearing in mind though, the accomodation page says there are 163 rooms in Moulsecoomb Place, and there's say...1000 first year students (at a complete guess). It's best to sort it out or apply ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    My brother stayed in Falmer and it didn't seem half bad. Am I right in saying that the sooner you put the university as your firm, the more likely you are going to be able to get accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Heres the University Guide http://staffcentral.brighton.ac.uk/x.../doc007237.pdf

It provides a lot of detail about what they offer for Halls of Residence, Unihomes and such.

My Computing degree will be at the Moulsecoomb Campus but im seriously wondering if i want to stay at the Phoenix Brewery as:

Moulsecoomb Place:
    Catered: Yes
    En Suite Bedrooms: No
    Internet Access: Yes
    Room Size:9.5m2
    £5,343 annual
    £137 per week.

Phoenix Brewery:
    Catered: No
    En Suite Bedrooms: Yes
    Internet Access: Yes
    Room Size: 10.2m2
    £4,680 annual
    £120 per week.

I personally am seriously considering the Phoenix brewery as a place to stay for my first year. Its cheaper, has en suite and is located very close to pubs, clubs and the pier. It is also only a 15-20 (AT THE MOST) bus drive to get to Moulsecoomb Campus. Its also cheaper and includes en suite. The only two benefits from living at Moulsecoomb place is that you wont have to get up ealier and that their catered. Which i dont want anyway as i enjoy cooking my own food and such.

My brother stayed in Falmer and it didn't seem half bad. Am I right in saying that the sooner you put the university as your firm, the more likely you are going to be able to get accommodation?
    Dont think so, the guide i have even says you can apply for accomodation before you even select brighton as a firm/insurance. The earlier you apply for accomodation probably helps. It opens on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Media Studies in Sept (Well, I hope so, anyway!) And have applied where you are now, not Moulscoomb. Mainly because of the location and because I like the idea of an en-suit.

How have you found it?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to PB (grande parade) as well i fink its still the best Hall..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.