The Student Room Group

Myprotein Hurricane is useless

Compared to Maximuscle Promax and Cyclone it's garbage. People here only advertise Myprotein purely because they want the purchaser to use the discount code, profiting each time someone uses their referral code.

Shame on you TSR for exploiting people genuinely looking for protein drinks. Shame on all of you! :mad::angry:
Good I ordered Maximuscle Promax High Protein yesterday :u:
Reply 2
People advertise myprotein because it's convenient, cheap and has an excellent range of products. The discount codes are a nice perk.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Protein-IGF-1-2-28Kg-Strawberry/dp/B000PVT30M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293068894&sr=8-3

Seriously has nobody tried this? Easily the best I have purchased and if the company continues to sell I will continue to buy.

Maximuscle is not as high quality as the above - notice the variety of proteins. Oh and the fact it is 500 % (literally) less expensive.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's alright. Me and my mate started off using it when we first started training. We thenboth moved onto other things then like BSN, Gaspari, optimum nutrition e.t.c
My gyming has sort of tailed off but my mate is rippped now ....bastard.

The good stuff on myprotein is the pure whey or protein xs.

BSN Syntha-6 tastes insane though. Highly recommended
Reply 5
Original post by daedalos
Compared to Maximuscle Promax and Cyclone it's garbage. People here only advertise Myprotein purely because they want the purchaser to use the discount code, profiting each time someone uses their referral code.

Shame on you TSR for exploiting people genuinely looking for protein drinks. Shame on all of you! :mad::angry:

How do you know that it's 'garbage'? In what context - taste, mixability, effects? If it's 'effects, how would you measure it's effects and compare with the effects of MM?
Reply 6
Original post by AdaD
How do you know that it's 'garbage'? In what context - taste, mixability, effects? If it's 'effects, how would you measure it's effects and compare with the effects of MM?

Taste like horse piss. Also makes you feel bloated. This is for both Hurricane Evo strawberry flavour and Hurricane XS chocolate flavour.

Doesn't mix too well. Often there's lumps of powder so you can't get equal scoops unless you crush the powder properly. Never had this hassle with Maximuscle products.

Results. Noticeably longer recovery time and weaker performance for powerlifting than Maximuscle products. Personally feel Hurricane, especially the XS one, doesn't help in bulking up. Maximuscle Cyclone seems to improve my endurance but Hurricane Evo and XS didn't.
Reply 7

This thread is re-god-damn-diculous.

Who cares what some little tart thinks about any product, his training is probably all over as is his diet and what not. Let alone probably being weak as piss.

Hurricane contains better activie ingredients so your claims are pure placebo.
Reply 8
Original post by MattGriff
This thread is re-god-damn-diculous.

Who cares what some little tart thinks about any product, his training is probably all over as is his diet and what not. Let alone probably being weak as piss.

Hurricane contains better activie ingredients so your claims are pure placebo.

I'm not a little tart. I have a good diet and go to the gym four times a week. It's not about which product has more active ingredients, it's about the results God dammit!
Reply 9
I don't know of any fitness regular who has recommended that product...
Reply 10
I'm not a little tart. I have a good diet and go to the gym four times a week. It's not about which product has more active ingredients, it's about the results God dammit!

Yawn, you clearly are tartish and of the little variety.

You could go to the gym and eat bacon sandwiches all afternoon for all we know!!!

No control measures present as such you cannot place blame on a product unless you are a dip sh!t
Boohoo.

Do some research next time.
Reply 12
Original post by cowsforsale
Boohoo.

Do some research next time.

Do what research? Stop whining just because you're afraid you can't earn extra cash each time someone buys using your discount code. If there's no option to earn cash like this I doubt anyone on TSR will be advertising Myprotein products this heavily.

And if I'm eating bacon sandwiches all the time so what? My diet hasn't changed and my exercising routine hasn't changed, both when I used Myprotein products and Maximuscle's. Nothing's changed aside from which protein shake I used so blaming my diet is just an excuse to deny Maximuscle's superiority.

If you're looking for something highly advertised on TSR, cheap, but useless then go for Myprotein products. If you want something that works then go for Maximuscle products. :biggrin:
If you're looking for something highly advertised on TSR, cheap, but useless then go for Myprotein products. If you want something that works then go for Maximuscle products. :biggrin:

Both MaxiMuscle and MyProtein use the same ingredients in their products and in some cases they're sourced from the same suppliers - there is no reason why MyProtein should work any less or MaxiMuscle any less. The only real differential between the two is price. MaxiMuscle have more costs due to the fact that they pay more for staff and advertising and so this is passed on to the consumer. On the other hand MyProtein is smaller and has eliminated much of the costs associated with highstreet selling, advertising, etc so they can afford to sell their products for less.

If you had better results with MaxiMuscle it's down to your diet and exercise regime (and probably also your mind).
Reply 14
Original post by Shawshank
People advertise myprotein because it's convenient, cheap and has an excellent range of products. The discount codes are a nice perk.

Exactly for other brands your paying for the brand name myprotein is cheap and it works. IT IS AMAZING.
Do what research? Stop whining just because you're afraid you can't earn extra cash each time someone buys using your discount code. If there's no option to earn cash like this I doubt anyone on TSR will be advertising Myprotein products this heavily.

And if I'm eating bacon sandwiches all the time so what? My diet hasn't changed and my exercising routine hasn't changed, both when I used Myprotein products and Maximuscle's. Nothing's changed aside from which protein shake I used so blaming my diet is just an excuse to deny Maximuscle's superiority.

I recommend MP to people online and in real life and I've never even tried to get someone to use my code.

But anyway, Maximuscle must be good, I mean it's research proven...

Research Proven
After exercising regularly and using Cyclone daily, 8 out of 10 people saw an increase in muscle size, while 8 out of 20 people felt more powerful in the gym after 3 weeks*.

*online survey conducted by Zoomerang on 123 men who exercise regularly and use Cyclone daily (2009)

Oh wait..

Problem 1: It's an online survey.
Problem 2: 123 men. Firstly, that isn't many, secondly, they're all men. Oh yea, and what age are they?
Problem 3: 'Felt more powerful'. That is really quite vague, and considering I've seen adverts claiming something ridiculous like 'Cyclone can make you lift 33% more', I'm not surprised.
Problem 4: 'An increase in muscle size'. Again, its an online survey so people can say what they want. Also, as you're bringing out the anecdotal evidence, when I haven't had any creatine, I personally notice I'm carrying less water. Obviously this could come into play.
I didn't know those MyProtein discounts gave the poster a discount too lol, thanks. And I was going to buy some of that Amazon stuff, the reviews look good, it has a lot more than just one type of protein in it, and it has added vitamins and minerals.
(edited 13 years ago)
have tasted both hurricane evo and hurricane XS.
I literally couldnt drink the evo and nearly threw up so sold it to a mate. whilst hurricane xs made me feel really bloated. havent used the hurricane xs since, using reflex one stop atm, will give my hurricane xs another crack when use the one stop up!

Quick Reply

Latest