Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can Hollywood sell this story? A group of Americans go to some foreign country and destroy that country's military....

Now lets look at reality...

Americans go to a poor country like Afghanistan, outnumber the Taliban, have got better weapons/training, have got support from ass kissas like the UK and still cant' do ****.

Now the Hypocrisy I was talking about is, the one where he goes to Afghanistan, to help the Mujahideen isn't that basically the same situation of today, just switch Sovjets with Americans/Ass Kissers & Co.

ReputationRep:
    Its a film not real life, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    x
    Oh, is it 1982 already?

ReputationRep:
    How can Hollywood sell this story? A group of Americans go to some foreign country and destroy that country's military....

Americans go to a poor country like Afghanistan, outnumber the Taliban, have got better weapons/training, have got support from ass kissas like the UK and still cant' do ****.

Now the Hypocrisy I was talking about is, the one where he goes to Afghanistan, to help the Mujahideen isn't that basically the same situation of today, just switch Sovjets with Americans/Ass Kissers & Co.

They are freedom fighters when the Americans want them to be, otherwise they are terrorists. It's how they (Americans) work.

(Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Oh, is it 1982 already?
    I should be out and about, listening to Duran Duran and getting my hair permed.

ReputationRep:

Americans watch movies like Rambo to escape from reality and the military failures of their government. Besides Rambo movies are so ridiculously patriotic and bloody they're like a violent comedy.

ReputationRep:
    No one gives a **** about the story of Rambo films it's all just justification to have a massive gun fight

ReputationRep:
    So you're basically complaining about a film not portraying accurately real life events?

ReputationRep:
    when was the last time you saw a white man knock the **** out of a black man in a boxing ring?

ReputationRep:
    What next? People complaining Cloverfield isnt realistic enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    What next? People complaining Cloverfield isnt realistic enough.
    It wasn't why the **** would you go out there, to help your friend save his ex-girlfriend. I'm gladd you people agree with me, as I had this discussion with Americans before and they saw it as how Americans are lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.