Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Adressing Undergrads that hate/hated their Course! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did you suck it up and work you're hardest anyway?
    Did it affect youre whole university experience?
    Did you change course, did things improve?
    Or did you see the only way out as just flunking Uni?

Just curious :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1-I didn't really bother that much bc it was first year and threw myself into the social aspect of uni. I chose better modules for second year anyway.
    2- Not at all, there was still the social aspect which to me is equally if not more important
    3-Things improved when I chose better modules
    4-No.

ReputationRep:
    I have sometimes had the feelings you describe during University. I even contemplated transferring Universities, but once I had explored the option fully, it was not possible at the time due to personal reasons. I think it depends in part on what stage of your degree you are at. It is generally easier to transfer at the end of the first year; you might be able to transfer some or all on your credits if you wish to continue in the same subject (or a related discipline) at a University elsewhere. Of course, the choice of subject is central, but just one aspect of the University experience as a whole. I think it would be a mistake to flunk University, especially in view of the cost involved. I have felt like quitting my degree several times, but am now a final year student with only one semester to go before graduating; it seems a real shame as well as a waste of the last three years to leave now. I hope this is of some help to you in your situation; if we can provide more specific advice, do post again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.