Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you if you were rejected due to poor LNAT performance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry if this was discussed somewhere before. But I just have to ask - how do you know if a university has rejected you due to your performance in the LNAT? Does the UCAS decision letter explicitly says this, or is 'poor performance in the lnat' generically fitted into the reason of 'judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants'? This is specifically for UCL, if anyone's curious.

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from Durham 2 years ago, and the reasons it gave was basically everything, except LNAT, but it turned out I got 19, when the average was 16, so I don't know if that was the only thing I passed on, or they just don't use it as a reason.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is normal explicitly stated.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni.

Some unis don't specifically state why you were rejected - or you have to ask.
    Even if you ask, they might just give a generic (wasn't as strong as other candidates) response; in that case you just have to look at your LNAT and work it out. Some will actually say it was due to LNAT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.