Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming towards a career in law, and already have 3 subjects picked to do but I need another one and this seems quite interesting.
    However, I didn't choose it at GCSE nor did I do history or latin, but history is going to be one of my a-level choices.
    I'm wondering, what is classical civ like at A-level? Will it be relatively easy for me to get an A in?
    Help please!

ReputationRep:
    ermmm classics is quite an easy as level... and i got an A. How do you find essay writing?? And I didn't study history or latin either so it is possible. If you like ancient history and epic poems I would recommend it... I've really enjoyed and it is a stress-free sort of subject... providing you put in the work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04rair)
    ermmm classics is quite an easy as level... and i got an A. How do you find essay writing?? And I didn't study history or latin either so it is possible. If you like ancient history and epic poems I would recommend it... I've really enjoyed and it is a stress-free sort of subject... providing you put in the work!
    yeah i quite like essay writing! well done. is it considered a soft option do you know?

ReputationRep:
    I do History and Classics as level and I find Classics the easier of the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04rair)
    What topics did you cover in this? I'm thinking of doing it via distance learning because I only have two A Levels, but it looks difficult. I did History and got As in both AS exams, and a high B in A2 coursework and B in the exam; do you think I'm capable of doing this subject and attain an A?

ReputationRep:
    For AS I studied homer's odyssey and women in ancient Greece and Rome... I think if you can get a B in history then an A is definitely something you can achieve. One thing I would say is that the women topic has a hell of a lot to remember but it's okay once you start exam practice and essay writing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.