Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy who's scared of commitment Watch

Announcements

Is there any way to convince a guy who's scared of relationships because he has a failed marriage and who also sleeps around to be in a relationship with you?

Bare in mind he does like me, we talk everyday, have had sex etc.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    He'll get tired of being a slut eventually...... maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like me. Apart from the marriage and the sleeping around, and all the other stuff. But yeah I can totally relate!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you'rejust another name added to his list.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Sounds like you'rejust another name added to his list.
    Not true. We have gotten pretty close. I just couldn't be bothered to give a summary or our relationship in my post, just want an answer to my question.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like the kind of thing you'll find out on your own with time, I know that doesn't help much. I don't think fears of commitment last forever so you may just have to wait it out a little while, and if he doesn't budge even a little then you probably want different things in life.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, show him your boobs maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Weld your faces together.

ReputationRep:
    Oh just stop whining and find someone else. There's plenty of men out there without such problems.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't want to be in a relationship, then that's his call to make. Deal with it, rather than asking for advice on how to change his personal choices.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say no. Generally you can't change people.

Well I just think this is something he's going to have to over come, cause his reasons aren't healthy.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    If you were an outsider to the situation, then I think you could let him have a whack at it, but I don't think you have much moral high ground to get him to stop if you're already sleeping with him - I'm not judging you or him, but I think you have pretty much set out the tone for your relationship - sorry to be blunt, but he doesn't need a relationship cos it sounds to me like he's already getting what he wants anyway.

(Original post by isawsparks89)
    If you were an outsider to the situation, then I think you could let him have a whack at it, but I don't think you have much moral high ground to get him to stop if you're already sleeping with him - I'm not judging you or him, but I think you have pretty much set out the tone for your relationship - sorry to be blunt, but he doesn't need a relationship cos it sounds to me like he's already getting what he wants anyway.
    I'm not actually 'sleeping' with him. I've slept with him once and that was 2 months ago. So that's not just what our relationship is about.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, he's failed a marriage and now spends his love life sleeping around.

I'm sure you've realised this but those two things might be/are probably related. They aren't the type of blokes you want to be hanging around if you don't like being hurt.

(Original post by WhuTom)
    Lol, he's failed a marriage and now spends his love life sleeping around.

I'm sure you've realised this but those two things might be/are probably related. They aren't the type of blokes you want to be hanging around if you don't like being hurt.
    Well he's a nice guy and I like him, that's all I can say. I don't think he necessarily slept around when he was married. It may be his way of getting over it.

ReputationRep:
    You need to offer him something that will break his habits. No necessarily sexual (though that will definitely help :mmm:), but a type of reassurance that the relationship you and he will have will be different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.