The Student Room Group

Guy who's scared of commitment

Is there any way to convince a guy who's scared of relationships because he has a failed marriage and who also sleeps around to be in a relationship with you?

Bare in mind he does like me, we talk everyday, have had sex etc.

Thanks.
No
Reply 2
He'll get tired of being a slut eventually...... maybe.
Reply 3
Sounds like me. Apart from the marriage and the sleeping around, and all the other stuff. But yeah I can totally relate!
Reply 4

Sounds like you'rejust another name added to his list.
Reply 5
Original post by Yawn11
Sounds like you'rejust another name added to his list.

Not true. We have gotten pretty close. I just couldn't be bothered to give a summary or our relationship in my post, just want an answer to my question.
It seems like the kind of thing you'll find out on your own with time, I know that doesn't help much. I don't think fears of commitment last forever so you may just have to wait it out a little while, and if he doesn't budge even a little then you probably want different things in life.
Reply 7
I dont know, show him your boobs maybe?
Weld your faces together.
Reply 9
Oh just stop whining and find someone else. There's plenty of men out there without such problems.
If he doesn't want to be in a relationship, then that's his call to make. Deal with it, rather than asking for advice on how to change his personal choices.
I'd say no. Generally you can't change people.
Reply 12
Well I just think this is something he's going to have to over come, cause his reasons aren't healthy.
Reply 13
Bump
If you were an outsider to the situation, then I think you could let him have a whack at it, but I don't think you have much moral high ground to get him to stop if you're already sleeping with him - I'm not judging you or him, but I think you have pretty much set out the tone for your relationship - sorry to be blunt, but he doesn't need a relationship cos it sounds to me like he's already getting what he wants anyway.
Reply 15
Original post by isawsparks89
If you were an outsider to the situation, then I think you could let him have a whack at it, but I don't think you have much moral high ground to get him to stop if you're already sleeping with him - I'm not judging you or him, but I think you have pretty much set out the tone for your relationship - sorry to be blunt, but he doesn't need a relationship cos it sounds to me like he's already getting what he wants anyway.

I'm not actually 'sleeping' with him. I've slept with him once and that was 2 months ago. So that's not just what our relationship is about.
Reply 16
Lol, he's failed a marriage and now spends his love life sleeping around.

I'm sure you've realised this but those two things might be/are probably related. They aren't the type of blokes you want to be hanging around if you don't like being hurt.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by WhuTom
Lol, he's failed a marriage and now spends his love life sleeping around.

I'm sure you've realised this but those two things might be/are probably related. They aren't the type of blokes you want to be hanging around if you don't like being hurt.

Well he's a nice guy and I like him, that's all I can say. I don't think he necessarily slept around when he was married. It may be his way of getting over it.
Reply 18
You need to offer him something that will break his habits. No necessarily sexual (though that will definitely help :mmm:), but a type of reassurance that the relationship you and he will have will be different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending