Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cuz when a heart breaks no it don't break even... Watch

so my boyfriend and I broke up a couple of weeks ago after nearly a year. I ended it because he had major jealousy issues that wouldn't go no matter how much I moulded myself. he ended up being verbally abusive which is when i ended it.
    I still love him a lot but for various reasons I know it's not going to work out so getting back together is out of the option.
    Thing is, him and I used to be in constant contact. we would talk almost every hour of the day and it's just been impossible for me to go cold turkey...same for him.
    We still text but as friends but we end up saying love you/miss you or every couple of days he gets frustrated and says really mean and nasty things to me. i end up getting majorly upset and it seems that after i've moved on a meter he pushes me 100 metres back
    now he's been telling me about some girl he's getting close to..i know it's fair enough he has every right to move on but to me it seems so soon. i can't believe he's with other girls already when i can't stand the thought of another guy yet he says he loves me..he misses me and he still wants me?! wth

i don't know whether we should carry talking as friends or just stop talking to each other??

i know if i cut him out completely i'm gonna miss him so much and i'll probably go crazy but will it be worth it in the end??

help and experience needed please

ReputationRep:
    Cut him off, it will hurt for a while but in the end it will be worth it.

(Original post by M1F2R3)
    Cut him off, it will hurt for a while but in the end it will be worth it.
    what if he tries calling or texting? i blocked him off msn/fb/skype but i cant block him off my phone...

ReputationRep:
    Change your number. Unfortunately sometimes the hardest things to do end up being the best decisions you ever make when you look back on them later in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what if he tries calling or texting? i blocked him off msn/fb/skype but i cant block him off my phone...
    Don't answer, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Just stop texting/calling and spend more time with your friends. It wont improve if you're still in contact all the time. Tell him that you can't do it anymore and then just stop no matter how much he tries to contact you. Best to think about number one atm.

If I was him, I would told you that I'm chasing other girl, when you broke up with him, part of him want to get back at you. Or maybe chasing other girl is just a way to get over you, worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like he is unable to let go as well. It seems like he's using all the wrong methods to try and win you back (e.g. the whole getting close to another girl thing). It sounds like a really unhealthy relationship and I know how hard it can be to let go of someone who you really care about.

If the jealousy issues stopped then maybe it would work out between you (I'm assuming you're otherwise good together), if not then it has to end.

A lot of guys are like this during their late teens and early 20s: humans have a huge capacity for jealousy but it's very dangerous in many cases and can end horribly.
    • TSR Support Team

First thing is you did the right thing to get rid of him, nothing worse than a jealous or clingy guy. Not only that he is showing what an idiot he really is by sending you verbal abuse. You need to stop texting or talking to him.

ReputationRep:
    When I was totally hung up on an ex a couple of years back, I ended up having to completely cut contact with him, and I have to say that it was the best thing I ever did for myself. It was just fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    get real OP

who the **** cares if he gets jealous? it just shows how much u mean to him, and lets be honest... you're probably giving him reasons to be jealous?

if you love someone, dont break up with them, how hard is this for people to understand!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. I know this will be hard but....you have to break contact with him. You can't move on whilst continuing to contact each other like this.

Block him off msn/skype/facebook and change your number. I know its extreme but I really think its the only way. I've been with my bf for over 2 years and I know if we broke up its what I would have to force myself to do. After this much time together there is just no way I could go back to just being friends and if he ever spoke of other girls or I saw pictures of him with other girls it would just hurt so badly...I imagine you would be the same.

In the long run it will be worth it you'll move on xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.