Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys...

can I get some ideas of what its like studying over there?
    And how is the student life like? Is it safe, is it nice, etc.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My friend goes to Manchester uni, which is on the same street as MMU, she doesn't exactly have stories of safety in manchester. Nothing has happened to her directly though. It seems okay, just like any other major city really. The center is a bit of a walk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecup93)
    Hi guys...

can I get some ideas of what its like studying over there?
    And how is the student life like? Is it safe, is it nice, etc.

Thanks
    Manchester is a great city in terms of night life but it is not the safest of places to be. The All Saints campus is on Oxford Road which is close to the city centre which has the Arndale shopping centre, the Printworks, Affleck's Palace etc. Other campuses are scattered around Manchester. The Didsbury campus is not that close but there are plenty of buses that would take you into the city centre.

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/the-guide/ This site, which is part of the MMU website, will give you some idea of what Manchester is like and places to visit.

ReputationRep:
    I study there and live in Cambridge halls, I really enjoy living in Manchester!
    I generally preferred MMU to UoM, just had a better feel imo.
    Safety wise, I wouldn't walk around on my own at night! But I guess that is like any major city.
    Its about a 20/25 min walk to the Arndale from All Saints Campus
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the cavendish halls for MMU are like? As i'm going to be in there from sept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachy3091)
    I study there and live in Cambridge halls, I really enjoy living in Manchester!
    I generally preferred MMU to UoM, just had a better feel imo.
    Safety wise, I wouldn't walk around on my own at night! But I guess that is like any major city.
    Its about a 20/25 min walk to the Arndale from All Saints Campus
    Hope this helps
    Whats it like living in Cambridge halls ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.