Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favorite Parody Movie Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is your favorite movie that makes fun of other movies? (Only one)

My favorite is Scary Movie 3. What is your favorite, this does include Date movie and such too.

ReputationRep:
    Space Balls - spoof of Star Wars

ReputationRep:
    The Scary Movie series. Most of the others are just painful to watch and aren't even funny...

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked meet the Spartans.

Not sure if I could rank it as my fav. though.

ReputationRep:
    Team America World Police, the whole thing was meant to be a piss take of the OTT Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer films, and they went in the direction they did after they were refused permission to copy Armageddon scene for scene (but with puppets).

ReputationRep:
    definitely KICK-ASS!!! []

ReputationRep:
    I immediately thought of Scary Movie but if Team America is meant to be a parody then that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by southminor)
    definitely KICK-ASS!!! []
    IMO, Kick-ass isn't a parody...

Err lets see... SHAUN OF THE FRICKIN' DEAD!

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say Scary Movie or Team America. but could Flash Gordon be considered a parody?

That film is perhaps the greatest film of all time. :rofl2:

FLASH AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    parody of the rock business, not a film, but SPINAL TAP!

ReputationRep:
    Airplane. Naked Gun. Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz. Spinal Tap/For Your Consideration.

Most of the rest are pretty awful. Particularly the "... movie" series. It's not funny to just reference something in pop culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Particularly the "... movie" series. It's not funny to just reference something in pop culture.
    I was beginning to think I was the only one. Such an awful series of movies.

Shaun of the Dead is pretty damn good. But I'd have to say any Monty Python movie if they can be counted as parodies.

ReputationRep:
    not another teen movie - parodies pretty much the whole of the teenage genre

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpySapper)
    SHAUN OF THE FRICKIN' DEAD!
    Damn straight!

ReputationRep:
    Austin Powers is shagadellic! Yeah baby!!!

(light parody of James Bond)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Airplane. Naked Gun. Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz. Spinal Tap/For Your Consideration.

Most of the rest are pretty awful. Particularly the "... movie" series. It's not funny to just reference something in pop culture.
    Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz are the best in genre to me. Definitely better than the pop-culture ones, especially Epic Movie

ReputationRep:
    Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz. Can't wait to see the next in the series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz. Can't wait to see the next in the series.
    will there be one though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    will there be one though?
    Apparently so, provisionally titled 'The World's End'. It's not that 'Paul' film that's coming out with Pegg and Frost though.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...next-year.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.