Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LSE Media and Communications vs UCL Electronic Communications and Publishing Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was recently accepted to the Media and Comms. program at LSE and currently waiting to hear back from UCL about Electronic Comms. and Publishing. I was wondering if anyone is currently in either of these (I'm sure there's some people from LSE but I have heard very little about the UCL course).

From what I've established so far, the LSE program is a more social science oriented, academic study of media and its social impacts etc, while the one at UCL offers more practical training for information management, alongside publishing, as well as also covering theoretical social impacts of new media, etc.

I am leaning towards the Msc in Media and Comms. at LSE, however wouldn't be too against going to UCL as it is much much cheaper (wouldn't have to take out a big loan etc), while also offering more practical elements in the course.

If anyone has any advice on the choice or some experience with these program to share it would be much appreciated.

Here are the links to both course outlines:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate...nications.aspx

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/tea...cp/ma-diploma/

ReputationRep:
    Hey I hold an offer for LSE Media and Comms too

I didn't know about the UCL course but just glancing at the modules on that link you sent, it looks like it is much more industry-focused. For me, the social science side is what really fascinates me, and LSE has some really big names in the field....so I decided to screw the cost and go there! I haven't actually accepted the offer yet, but I will do once I am definitely sure I can finance it! Eeek!

Anyway good luck with your decision. Maybe see you at LSE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.