Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I am an Italian student and I've applied to three Universities: Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth and Leicester. I got a conditional offer from each one but I am having a hard time trying to figure out which is the best between Brookes and Bournemouth ( I do not want to go to Leicester ). The fact is, I've heard a lot of things about Brookes and a lot of people complain about it and looking at the League Tables didn't actually help me. I have applied for a Communication and Media course and I have noticed that Bournemouth is well known for its Media School. But I still do not know. I would like to here something from people who have already studied there or have been there because I think I won't be able to go there and visit during the year. I have been to Oxford Brookes Universities for 15 days to study English but I think it's pretty different because one thing is studying there for 15 days one other is studying there for 3 years! I would like to hear some advice from you, thanks!! (( :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maarth)
    Hello everyone,
    I am an Italian student and I've applied to three Universities: Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth and Leicester. I got a conditional offer from each one but I am having a hard time trying to figure out which is the best between Brookes and Bournemouth ( I do not want to go to Leicester ). The fact is, I've heard a lot of things about Brookes and a lot of people complain about it and looking at the League Tables didn't actually help me. I have applied for a Communication and Media course and I have noticed that Bournemouth is well known for its Media School. But I still do not know. I would like to here something from people who have already studied there or have been there because I think I won't be able to go there and visit during the year. I have been to Oxford Brookes Universities for 15 days to study English but I think it's pretty different because one thing is studying there for 15 days one other is studying there for 3 years! I would like to hear some advice from you, thanks!! (( :
    In terms of reputation it's Leicester, then Brookes, then Bournemouth. However, you've already stated you don't want to go to Leicester.

I study in Oxford now and I think the city is lovely, and quite fun But then Bournemouth is by the seaside. But if you come from Italy then British beaches may not be your thing anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tony_ron)
    In terms of reputation it's Leicester, then Brookes, then Bournemouth. However, you've already stated you don't want to go to Leicester.

I study in Oxford now and I think the city is lovely, and quite fun But then Bournemouth is by the seaside. But if you come from Italy then British beaches may not be your thing anyway...
    Haha, nope I live in the South by the seaside so it's not a big thing. But I am also worried about the teaching quality. I do not know, it seems a really hard choice. I have been to Oxford too and I thought it was really pretty but... How is exactly living there ? (:

ReputationRep:
    so iv heard, oxford has the club which has been voted 'most likely to get you laid' in the whole of england. need i say more? the nightlife is really good, especially at brookes. go for oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luisaxxx)
    so iv heard, oxford has the club which has been voted 'most likely to get you laid' in the whole of england. need i say more? the nightlife is really good, especially at brookes. go for oxford
    Actually getting laid it is not a reason which could affect my choice in a positive way, lol. Anyway I have noticed you got an offer. Will you go to Brookes too?

ReputationRep:
    Actually getting laid it is not a reason which could affect my choice in a positive way, lol. Anyway I have noticed you got an offer. Will you go to Brookes too?
    i knowwww i was kidding. its a true fact though. nope brookes is likely to be my backup, i think i'll firm either nottingham or exeter

ReputationRep:
    oh i just read you're italian, me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luisaxxx)
    oh i just read you're italian, me too
    Oh, really ? But it seems like you live in England, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, really ? But it seems like you live in England, don't you?
    yesss i do, but originally from cassino.

ReputationRep:
    I cant decide whether to go to brookes or Bournemouth to do a business course! HELP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.