Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing I hate more than christmas shopping. That situation where every mother and clueless husband roam around town centres/city centres/shopping malls like zombies bashing into anyone that gets in their path. I swear to god, the last time I went into town it was like a scene from Resident Evil.

Everyones common sense, politeness and care for their fellow man just gets thrown out of the window and Meadowhall suddenly feels like one big battlefield. It doesn't matter if a few underpaid sales people and kids get trampled on and get injured. It's all ok if mummy gets a good deal on that Nintendo Wii accessory little Darren wants for christmas. NEVER TRY AND GET IN THE WAY OF A MUM TRYING TO GET TO A 50% CHRISTMAS SALE!

Also everything seems to go up in price before the 25th December and suddenly in January everything goes down and returns to normal. The time when everyone gets back to normal and people continue their lives getting further by screwing each other over. Christmas is a load of *******s! I haven't even started on those kids that are screaming and crying in their prams because they want that Peppa Pig toy for christmas

I am fearing being dragged out christmas shopping today. The so called 'busiest shopping day of the year'. I feel like boycotting christmas and not getting anyone a damned thing! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hear hear! Where have you been all my life lol.

ReputationRep:
    Everything's cheaper this year; most shops seem to have started their January sales really early!

Do your shopping earlier and you'd avoid being trampled on...

ReputationRep:
    I agree! It's all turned so materialistic...like, I saw one Mum spend over £500 in Toys r us yesterday! Which tbh is ridiculous.......Shopping centres turn into rugby matches, and the main roads are just hell! (Not to mention the snow :L) I hope your xmas shopping isn't too painful!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    There is nothing I hate more than christmas shopping. That situation where every mother and clueless husband roam around town centres/city centres/shopping malls like zombies bashing into anyone that gets in their path. I swear to god, the last time I went into town it was like a scene from Resident Evil.

Everyones common sense, politeness and care for their fellow man just gets thrown out of the window and Meadowhall suddenly feels like one big battlefield. It doesn't matter if a few underpaid sales people and kids get trampled on and get injured. It's all ok if mummy gets a good deal on that Nintendo Wii accessory little Darren wants for christmas.

Also everything seems to go up in price before the 25th December and suddenly in January everything goes down and returns to normal. The time when everyone gets back to normal and people continue their lives getting further by screwing each other over. Christmas is a load of *******s!

I am fearing being dragged out christmas shopping today. The so called 'busiest shopping day of the year'. I feel like boycotting christmas and not getting anyone a damned thing! :mad:
    Do your Christmas shopping earlier? If you leave it to December, you will get caught in the crush. Do it in October or November.

ReputationRep:
    I work just off Oxford St, tomorrow I'm buggering off home early, these shoppers are absolute morons.

I'm not a bad person, but these people are so thick and annoying I actually HAVE to push them out of the way to get home on the Tube.

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Do your Christmas shopping earlier? If you leave it to December, you will get caught in the crush. Do it in October or November.
    I'm not really getting anything (as in presents), but it's even with food (can't really buy in advance). Can't avoid that rush because I live near town centre as well

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really getting anything (as in presents), but it's even with food (can't really buy in advance). Can't avoid that rush because I live near town centre as well
    Ah right! Yeah I get what you mean, it's even more annoying with the snow! Online shopping? :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in a supermarket and christmas was just manic!. I swear people brought enough food to last them forever.Trolleys piled high with food, then theres the rudeness, that used to annoy the hell out of me. Do people forget their manners in all the christmas rush?.

I still have to get some things but I'm doing it tomorrow. I just hope the shops have enough left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I work just off Oxford St, tomorrow I'm buggering off home early, these shoppers are absolute morons.

I'm not a bad person, but these people are so thick and annoying I actually HAVE to push them out of the way to get home on the Tube.

/rant
    Ugh i feel sorry for you!
    I had the misfortune of getting dragged to oxford street on a weekend about a week before christmas last year!

Pure hell!!

ReputationRep:
    Christmas time shopping = TORTURE.

People are like effin' vultures.

ReputationRep:
    Yep its mayhem which is why I do my christmas shopping by the 1st of December.
    I tell people to put in their present requests by the 25th November otherwise they will get something random or nothing at all.

That way I can do all my shopping and then relax.

ReputationRep:
    I havent been able to do mine early this year as I would normally do as Ive been really busy, so I did most of mine last week, half online and half in the stores. Its so busy though, so I normally go first thing and aim to be finished by 10am or go last thing around 8pm when its quieter.

I hate xmas shopping though, not because it's busy but because I never know what to get anyone. I think I'll start doing my shopping for next year when the new year sales are on and get it all cheap!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could go xmas shopping! We haven't bought anything for anyone and can't get off our hill due to the snow so are marooned. I'm going to have pasta for xmas lunch I would do LOVE to get to a shop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbm)
    I havent been able to do mine early this year as I would normally do as Ive been really busy, so I did most of mine last week, half online and half in the stores. Its so busy though, so I normally go first thing and aim to be finished by 10am or go last thing around 8pm when its quieter.

I hate xmas shopping though, not because it's busy but because I never know what to get anyone. I think I'll start doing my shopping for next year when the new year sales are on and get it all cheap!
    Just buy them something that has Jamie Oliver's ugly mug on it. I see enough of his merchandise these days. Just die already! :mad:

(Original post by BookWormShanti)
    I wish I could go xmas shopping! We haven't bought anything for anyone and can't get off our hill due to the snow so are marooned. I'm going to have pasta for xmas lunch I would do LOVE to get to a shop!
    You need some huskies and a sledge!

ReputationRep:
    Do it slightly earlier - not as early as November because that's pretty ridiculous but in the second week of December. Or else, go in at times when it's likely to be less busy. It's amazing how easy it is to avoid the crowds actually. Even yesterday in Birmingham city centre it wasn't that busy.

ReputationRep:
    It really makes me mad.
    People just become idiots. Like there will be no queue at all, but someone will come along and stand as if there is, someone else will come, start chatting to them, you're SCREAMING at them "First Please!" They just ignore you. Therefore a queue builds, circling the store all because of one moron.

Also, I mean you have to actually scream at them. You'll be staring them in the eye for ages, raising eyebrows, mouthing next here because your throat is red raw from shouting, they can see there is no one at the till, I'm free, but until I should next please, they will not budge.

Also, they'll wait 15 mins in the queue to come up and ask me if we have something. There are like 15 members of staff on the shop floor doing nothing, but they have to ask me! So I have to bugger off the till and search up if we have the item, not helping the size of the queue, and then wait for someone else to bring it up. It's so stupid. And people complaining to ME about the colours we have on our gift cards. Pink and black is our colours, the boy your buying for can't handle a little splash of pink on his £10000 gift card then he can just....I mean I don't decide the colour scheme. Christ.

/RANT

This stuff doesn't even sound that bad, but when it's everyday, every minute and I have to wear a flonking Santa hat, I 'aint happy. It's only Christmas shoppers who are crazy. Any other time of the year they are fine, with sense, but no, it's all out the window this time of year.

ReputationRep:
    You need some huskies and a sledge!
    I have a sledge and I don't mind doing the walk (bout 2 miles) to a main road, but mum says it is rude to ask anyone to pick us up and take us somewhere and we spent 200 quid on a taxi cos we had to get somewhere on monday which is not something she wants to repeat

Anyway, sorry, I will stop digressing from the thread!

ReputationRep:
    I actually do hate christmas shopping, Cardiff at the begining of December jeeeeez, I couldnt get round half the shops because there was so many people just standing there having conversations in the middle of the bleeding shop....
    Christmas shopping stresses me out beyond belief, and on top of that everything in the shops is the same every year, you find you run out of things to buy, and since when did everything get so expensive? I hardly bought anything this year (in comparison to other years) and even with all the discounts I got it still came to almost £200 - and I had £100 in savings/discounts too, so technically £300 worth of presents. Ive no idea how that works as I cant see how the few things I bought add up to anywhere near that.

Unfortunatly I have to go out to town today as I need to get my partners parents something, Im dreading it and on top of that I have to walk up and down a hill covered in 8 inches of snow....urggggh.
    I have to admit my favourite part of Christmas is around 5pm Christmas eve and I can relax and not leave the house for a few days

ReputationRep:
    I've done sooo much of my shopping online this year! But then again everyone's been easy to buy for- loads of people wanted books/DVDs which are easy to buy online.

I bought a lot in the highstreet for my best friend, as we get each other loads, and I like to go looking round just grabbing whatever takes my eye :') But then again, I did that in October, so I didn't really notice any kind of crowds

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.