The Student Room Group

Annoying christmas shopping

Scroll to see replies

Did mine last friday and it wasn't too bad.

And anybody shopping today can't complain seeing as it's meant to be the busiest day of the year
Reply 21
ITT everyone is better than the crowd but realistically they're just part of it..
Yesterday my mum wanted me to go to Argos to collect some reserved items. That was fine I suppose. Then I went to Asda to buy some beer, blimey, I do not intend to go into a supermarket this close to Christmas again, was a nightmare.
The bus home was like a tube train in rush hour, which was pretty horrible.
I didn't even go to the main part of town, I decided to leave buying myself some new clothes until a day I am in a better mood. If I had I think someone might have got killed...
Christmas food shopping is the worst! I remember last year at Morrison's with my mum - it was unbelievable - people ramming their trolleys into each other, shouting, snatching, making rude comments, lots of cries of 'God, how ignorant!' and 'silly cow!'. It was awful, like that scene in Mean Girls where the kids start acting like animals :eek:
Don't blame Christmas. Blame people. Worthless, disgusting, pathetic ****ing people. Everywhere. We need another plague.
Reply 25
this is why i did mine earlier (started on my sisters in june/july as its made up of lots of little bits and had to do it as i had money). people mocked me for starting early but im not the one having to battle through town or worrying that things havent been delivered on time - all mine was finished and wrapped up under the tree by end of november except for secret santa thing for uni which i got last monday while people were still at work and school.
Reply 26
Well I just got back from town to get a few little bits and oh my god was it insane! It was ridiculously busy for a start and some of the shops were unbeleiveable. Some you had to queue to get into and others literally had nothing left on the shelves....People really must be panic buying christmas presents!
I'm braving the High Street tomorrow (should have gone today really). Wish me luck. It shouldn't be too bad though, I haven't got much money so will only be visiting a few shops for relatively cheap stuff.
Reply 28
Original post by ily_em
Everything's cheaper this year; most shops seem to have started their January sales really early!

Do your shopping earlier and you'd avoid being trampled on...

I think that some people forget that there are alot of people who do not celebrate christmas; and that they are merely buying necessities (food, clothing) as many shops will close over the next few days and will want to also spend that time with family instead of rushing out to do some shopping.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending