Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will you be having for X-mas dinner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title states.

Currently in a bit of a tiddle - I want to have a reasonably healthy x-mas dinner - steamed brussel sprouts, carrots and vegetables with steamed/grilled salmon or king prawns and turkey without the skin and without gravy. No dessert or starter.

For calories counting/weight watching is this ok?

Plus what are you guys having?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its OK but watch your portions...

ReputationRep:
    Turkey

And salmon and steamed veg sounds healthy, not much fun for xmas dinner though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerimon18)
    Yeah its OK but watch your portions...
    will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaShmurff)
    Turkey

And salmon and steamed veg sounds healthy, not much fun for xmas dinner though
    Yeah it is not much fun - but I'm just very strict about calories - even on x-mas day lol - it drives my mother insane!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, OP, although for dessert you can have some satsumas or something

We're having roast lamb with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and lots of steamed veg and gravy.

When my mum that I wanted lamb because 'chicken was so last year', she found it hilarious... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Stuff the calories, it's Christmas! It's the one day of the year you can be an absolute PIG and nobody cares

ReputationRep:
    We haven't had turkey for ages (we usually have venison), so we'll be having that this year.

ReputationRep:
    As the others have said, Christmas is meant for pigging out :P

We're having Turkey & gammon, with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, pea's and carrots.

First time we've had turkey at Christmas though

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, roast parsnips, carrots, green beans, cabbage, those sausages wrapped in bacon, probably more I don't know. Oh, gravy obv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth Angharad)
    Stuff the calories, it's Christmas! It's the one day of the year you can be an absolute PIG and nobody cares
    You are so right! I plan to fit in as many calories as I possibly can... but I'll also do b/w 1000-1500 calories worth of exercise and hope that evens it out a bit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldscollide)
    You are so right! I plan to fit in as many calories as I possibly can... but I'll also do b/w 1000-1500 calories worth of exercise and hope that evens it out a bit lol
    Haha, I fully intend to spend my day eating far too much and doing no exercise whatsoever! My diet will then start on the 1st of January... New Years resolution perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully duck.....thats if the shops have any left. If not it'll be turkey with all the trimmings

ReputationRep:
    About as much food that I can possibly fit in, which is a lot only on Christmas though!

Its worked out that I'm having three Christmas dinners this year, two with all the family and one with friends. The first and second are pretty much this:

Starters: paté with toast and raspberry sauce or melon. I'll go for the melon, I hate paté!

Turkey, Ham, maybe even a little bit of beef we'll see, roast potatoes, carrot and turnip, parsnips, peas, brocolli, yorkshire puddings, sprouts, stuffing and about 10 pigs in blankets.

Dessert: a **** load of cakes, apparently I'm baking one >.<

Then a load of cheese and crackers then left over turkey sandwiches.

Third Christmas dinner is pretty much the same but with beef and not as many pigs in blankets

Must point out that all the dinners arn't on the same day its one every two days I think!

ReputationRep:
    Sandwiches if last years anything to go by. Why are you worried about calorie counting? Christmas Day is one of the only days a year when everyone should stuff their faces

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you're dieting on Christmas day. That makes me sad

I think I'm having some Pate and crackers and stuff for starters, butternut squash bake thing with loadsa veg for main meal, and ice cream/fruity cheesecake for dessert. YUM.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, sausages wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, parnsips, carrots, brussel sprouts, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy.... :coma:

Can't you allow yourself one day off? Christmas dinner's like the best meal of the year!

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, Pigs in Blankets, Roast Cauliflower, Roast Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, New/Baby Potatoes, 2 types of stuffing, Parsnips, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Yorkshire Puds, Carrots, .... YUMMY!
    followed by: Christmas Cake, Christmas Pud (absolutely SOAKED in Brandy), Brulee, and choccies!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're joking! :zomg: Do you know what I had for breakfast this morning? Half a tube of BBQ Pringles. Its Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpySapper)
    Pigs in Blankets...
    What?! :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.