Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I am a new entrant into this forum. Posting here inorder to get some views on my ultimate predicament of sorts.

I am a Banker with 7 years' experience in areas like Strategy, Retail Banking, Corporate Banking and Risk Management. My experience has been at middle management level all through and spread across India and the Middle East.

Also managed a large Finance Transformation programme for a bulge bracket across London, New York and Singapore offices.

I also hold an MBA in Information Systems from a top Indian B school.

At this juncture desparately need a finance post grad because my qualification is fully into Information Systems and I have fully worked in Banking and Finance functions.

Have good recos and personal statement but my GMAT is on the lower side (620), and being from a top bschool in India my GPA is a 2.5/4 (being a freshman in a class full of experienced professionals).

Please let me know, if I stand a chance to survive the LSE Litmus test.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korchonoi)
    Hi Guys,

I am a new entrant into this forum. Posting here inorder to get some views on my ultimate predicament of sorts.

I am a Banker with 7 years' experience in areas like Strategy, Retail Banking, Corporate Banking and Risk Management. My experience has been at middle management level all through and spread across India and the Middle East.

Also managed a large Finance Transformation programme for a bulge bracket across London, New York and Singapore offices.

I also hold an MBA in Information Systems from a top Indian B school.

At this juncture desparately need a finance post grad because my qualification is fully into Information Systems and I have fully worked in Banking and Finance functions.

Have good recos and personal statement but my GMAT is on the lower side (620), and being from a top bschool in India my GPA is a 2.5/4 (being a freshman in a class full of experienced professionals).

Please let me know, if I stand a chance to survive the LSE Litmus test.

Thanks!
    It might be more helpful if you specify which Masters degree at LSE you are planning on undertaking. Is it the MSc in Finance or something else? They tend to vary in competitiveness (the one I mentioned is rather well known for it's tiny acceptance rate).

ReputationRep:
    Hey Thanks...I have applied to Finance and PE and Mgmt. and Regulation of Risks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Libertarian)
    It might be more helpful if you specify which Masters degree at LSE you are planning on undertaking. Is it the MSc in Finance or something else? They tend to vary in competitiveness (the one I mentioned is rather well known for it's tiny acceptance rate).
    Yes, this is the Masters in Finance with Private Equity and the second MSC programme being Management and Regulation of Risks.

1. 70% in grad with a 90% in Math in second and third years. Distinction in Math all through

2. 7 years of experience with 2.5 years in Risk Management and Strategic planning in Kuwait (Middle East)

3. GMAT 620 (This is a big worrying factor)

Would really appreciate your comments

Thanks mate and Wish you a very happy 2011!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Thanks...I have applied to Finance and PE and Mgmt. and Regulation of Risks.
    HEy Korchonoi, I too have applied to the MSc Finance and Private Equity....do you mind me asking if you have heard anything....they put me on the waiting list like 5 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is the Masters in Finance with Private Equity and the second MSC programme being Management and Regulation of Risks.

1. 70% in grad with a 90% in Math in second and third years. Distinction in Math all through

2. 7 years of experience with 2.5 years in Risk Management and Strategic planning in Kuwait (Middle East)

3. GMAT 620 (This is a big worrying factor)

Would really appreciate your comments

Thanks mate and Wish you a very happy 2011!
    It sounds like you have a strong application - I'm better at judging undergraduate admission chances but you clearly do more than just meet the minimum criteria so I wouldn't worry for the moment. I know the first Masters degree is extremely competitive (for obvious reasons), but I can't imagine your competition will be significantly better.

Happy New Year to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1b2c3d4e5)
    HEy Korchonoi, I too have applied to the MSc Finance and Private Equity....do you mind me asking if you have heard anything....they put me on the waiting list like 5 weeks ago.

Hey hi mate...I just recently applied. I think about a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, I suppose I do have some time to go before I receive a decision.

So would you know how much time it took LSE to complete your review?

ReputationRep:
    Hey hi mate...I just recently applied. I think about a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, I suppose I do have some time to go before I receive a decision.

So would you know how much time it took LSE to complete your review?
    I applied really early, so it took them 3 weeks to give me confirmation of being on the waiting list, it has however now been 6 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been on the LSE finance and PE waiting list since Jan 19th. Any idea on when the final decisions are made? Thank You.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.