Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm a Egyptian-British student and have recently graduated in Politics from a uni in Egypt (with a dual degree from a UK uni) and I'm currently looking into PG study in the UK. My interests are in globalisation, human rights, IPE. So I'm looking for somewhere where I can study those and also a uni which is reputable. The options I'm considering are:

Nottingham Uni: Social and Global Justice MA
    Manchester: Politics MA
    Southampton: Global Politics MSc
    Warwick: International Relations MA
    Glasgow: Human Rights and International Politics MSc / International Relations MSc

The LSE Global Politics MSc is another option, but I'm generally pessimistic of getting accepted or being able to afford London.

So any suggestions, advice, warnings at all from anyone would be most helpful and welcome

ReputationRep:
    Those options are fine but have you maybe considered PPE at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    what ar eyour stats u cant just say i want this this and this you need to be realistic about everything too

ReputationRep:
    I have a good 2:1 Hons degree and I'm currently doing an internship for an NGO in Cairo, so some work experience as well, which I guess can help.

(Original post by nerimon18)
    Would you say those options are pretty similar? Or is any one better than the other etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo88)
    I have a good 2:1 Hons degree and I'm currently doing an internship for an NGO in Cairo, so some work experience as well, which I guess can help.

Would you say those options are pretty similar? Or is any one better than the other etc?
    Hey! What NGO are you interning at in Cairo? I work for an NGO in Cairo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo88)

PPE combines philosophy and economics together with politics to understand the social and human world around us, plus it is alot more enriching if not rewarding than most politics degrees. Its tough to get into though, but I would say its definetly worth it... but your other options appear to be good choices as they are.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerimon18)
    This is for a masters. There is no PPE masters at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I'm interning at Crisis Action! What about you?

nerimon, I looked up PPE but its an undergraduate course. Shame, that would've been perfect :P

ReputationRep:
    Hala ya masri! Ey el-ekhbaar?

2tla3 warwick!

ReputationRep:
    Might be worth checking out the Centre for Applied Human Rights/Post-war Reconstruction and Development Unit at the Uni of York. Not on your list I know, so you may have ruled it out already, but their courses fit your interests, it's a good uni and living costs are much cheaper than London.

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked at the York programme, and it seems very good. Are you or did you study that at York?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a pharaoh?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not. I'm sure all that gold would've come in handy in paying for tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, another question; what sort of reputation do Southampton, Glasgow and Nottingham have in the social sciences/politics? Southampton doesn't seem to get much mention at all for anything but their Global Politics course seems pretty good.

Glasgow is a big uni in a big city so it should be pretty sought after, no?

ReputationRep:
    C'mon, anyone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.