Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I do a resit? Postgrad diploma 160 credits vs 120 credits Watch

ReputationRep:
    Already messed up in my masters, got 120 credits so I'm eligible for a postgraduate diploma. I can now opt to resit my dissertation module but since I failed one resit (can't get the full 180 credits anymore) I can only graduate with 160 credits in my postgraduate diploma, or exit with those 120 credits as is.

Is it worth putting in the effort to redo my entire dissertation (12k words) just for that extra module when my certificate remains a postgraduate diploma and won't upgrade to masters? :confused: If I don't do the resit I can graduate this January. If I do a early hand in February I can graduate in June, otherwise I hand in in September and graduate January 2012.

I need to inform the admissions today if I want to do that resit or exit without doing it. Anyone? This is for a social science subject.

ReputationRep:
    If this is the choice, it would be negligible return on your time investment to redo your dissertation for no improved award. I would cut out and use the many hours to do something else that offers recognition. If you can stomach further study then perhaps a certificate in a related subject would bolster your CV ?

TBD

(Original post by daedalos)
    Already messed up in my masters, got 120 credits so I'm eligible for a postgraduate diploma. I can now opt to resit my dissertation module but since I failed one resit (can't get the full 180 credits anymore) I can only graduate with 160 credits in my postgraduate diploma, or exit with those 120 credits as is.

Is it worth putting in the effort to redo my entire dissertation (12k words) just for that extra module when my certificate remains a postgraduate diploma and won't upgrade to masters? :confused: If I don't do the resit I can graduate this January. If I do a early hand in February I can graduate in June, otherwise I hand in in September and graduate January 2012.

I need to inform the admissions today if I want to do that resit or exit without doing it. Anyone? This is for a social science subject.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.