Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont know who im living with next year Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my flat mates are going their seperate ways. i have ideas of who i would like to live with but im not sure that we're close enough to ask if we could live together next year.

ReputationRep:
    No harm in asking. If everyone is going their separate ways then they'll probably be looking for people to live with too.

ReputationRep:
    No harm in asking. Also do it sooner rather than later as otherwise you'll find out they've all found people already and then you'll end up living with strangers!

Which could still be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom181)
    No harm in asking. If everyone is going their separate ways then they'll probably be looking for people to live with too.
    who? my flat mates? we are all living with others. but i dont know who. i know some people that i like, but i dont know if i can ask them if they want to live with me. we are not that close..

ReputationRep:
    Your username might be one of the reasons :teehee:
    But no seriously why don't you ask some people on your course who you are friendly with or ask whoever you're closest to in your halls...They won't bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Your username might be one of the reasons :teehee:
    But no seriously why don't you ask some people on your course who you are friendly with or ask whoever you're closest to in your halls...They won't bite.
    can you really just come out and ask it. is that not a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    can you really just come out and ask it. is that not a bit weird.
    As long as you know the person well enough there's no harm at all. Worst they'll say is that they have other plans.
    I asked my hall and now we're all staying together next year

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be in this situation next year... better start thinking about it now

ReputationRep:
    who? my flat mates? we are all living with others. but i dont know who. i know some people that i like, but i dont know if i can ask them if they want to live with me. we are not that close..
    Yeah, ask your flat mates. They're not going to be rude are they? Worse thing they'll say they already sorted it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom181)
    Yeah, ask your flat mates. They're not going to be rude are they? Worse thing they'll say they already sorted it out.
    yeah we have all basicaly said that we dont want to live together

ReputationRep:
    yeah we have all basicaly said that we dont want to live together
    you guys must really hate each other, our flat, people are forcing each other to stay together, I refused

anyway,just ask one of your course mates if they have found someone to live with, its not rude,If you are scared to ask, just talk about your dilema (about your flatmates and looking for some to share with) in a conversation, they might suggest to live with you

ReputationRep:
    Just casually ask all of your friends who they're living with next year.. and then ask if they have a spare room.. then ask if you can have it Then, you're sorted!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.