Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Its become very obvious that my boyfriend doesn't like my naked body Watch

When we have sex, he never wants me to be naked. Infact I think we have had fully naked sex about 2 times, and he didn't seem very in to it at all. When I went on top, he didn't look at me, he just shut his eyes.

He asks me to wear things when we have sex- like keep my top on, or wear a dress.I asked him why he doesn't like me to be naked, he says "it's sexier like this". When come out of the shower, and change and am basically there naked, he doesn't look at me or anything.

It's made me paranoid- I do have silver stretch marks on my thighs and hips, love handles, I'm not fat but my tummy isn't the most toned in the world. If he's not attracted to my body it can only be bad news.

Someone have anything to say on this? Or has experienced something similar

ReputationRep:
    have you spoken to him about this?

Don't start looking for flaws with your body - it may very well be that he just prefers to leave a bit to the imagination, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to him about it properly and get an answer, don't start doubting yourself, it will bash your confidence and it's not fair. Perhaps he genuinely likes outfits etc? Best thing to do is really talk to him about it! ;0

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he has a clothed sex fetish.

ReputationRep:
    Relax, I'm sure your fineeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    You know, your bf may just be one of those guys (like me) who thinks girls look sexier in Lingerie etc, suspenders:sexface: dont take it personally.

Have you been together for a long time?
    Never change your body for anyone, if you feel comfortable within your own body (which you should) then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.. Aslong as you have self confidence.. As for your partner, im sure its not the stretch marks.. Loads of people have posted about stretch marks and pretty much every guy said that stretch marks are not a problem.. Try talking to him about it, maybe say that its making you feel a little uncomfortable and awkward..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When we have sex, he never wants me to be naked. Infact I think we have had fully naked sex about 2 times, and he didn't seem very in to it at all. When I went on top, he didn't look at me, he just shut his eyes.

He asks me to wear things when we have sex- like keep my top on, or wear a dress.I asked him why he doesn't like me to be naked, he says "it's sexier like this". When come out of the shower, and change and am basically there naked, he doesn't look at me or anything.

It's made me paranoid- I do have silver stretch marks on my thighs and hips, love handles, I'm not fat but my tummy isn't the most toned in the world. If he's not attracted to my body it can only be bad news.

Jusr sounds like he has a fetish for clothed sex, don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:

Aw hun I'm sorry to hear that. I don't really have any useful advice, but I thought I'd offer my empathy, as recently my boyfriend only ever wants to have sex before we go to sleep (i.e when the lights are off) and/or from behind. To be fair though in my case thats probably my own fault because I've put on weight

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk to him about it and tell him how it makes you feel.
    Though it does sound like he just genuinely likes to have sex with clothes on. Everyone is different, try not to let it get to you too much, don't start getting paranoid about your body. Chances are he would have the same attitude to everyone, not just you, so there is nothing wrong with you.
    Anyway, talk about it with him.

ReputationRep:
    Sex with clothes on can be sexier. It's a feeling of rushing and turns some people on. Like shagging a girl by just putting her nickers to the side. It can be hot.

Although it sounds a bit wierd if he won't even look at you naked.... Talk to him, break up or excercise is the only real advice I can give!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, talk to him.
    It's probably one of those fetishes though.
    Like licking toes.

ReputationRep:
    Would rep those peeps saying you should hit the gym if I could be bothered. Start bench pressing 200lbs and he'll be demanding you walk around naked all the time
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Best way is to ask him about this

ReputationRep:
    Ask him what he likes about your body?
    I heard a similar story like this on Gok's Fashion Fix...

ReputationRep:

Babe dont worry about it, he honestly just sounds like he loves you to dress up!
    To double check this you could introduce some role play n ask him what he wants you to dress up in next time? N then see how that goes?
    I give you ratings coz i can tell your confident about your boy so dont let him make you think otherwise! :awesome:
    Go on, try some "special" dressing up.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    OUCH.

Confront him (non aggresive) get a solid answer before jumping to conclusion and changing yourself or breaking up with him.

If he's unattracted to your body then get super hot and/or break up with him (depending on how much this bothers you) to give yourself some space and build up your self confidence

ReputationRep:
    :console: Just have sex wearing stuff that turns him on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    You've been listening to too much Mika.

OP, if you slap your stomach does a kind of shock wave ripple across? :holmes: If so, you are probably too chunky.
    No, I just don't happen to think that the fact that you're hiding behind a computer screen means you can be an ass to anyone and everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think clothed sex was really hot, maybe he has the same thing. Besides, I think the average girl look better when they're wearing something sexy than nothing at all. It means your less attractive parts are hidden and lets his imagination kick in.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.