Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whoa is N korea going to war with the south finally :O? watch

ReputationRep:
    North Korea is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent, its armed forces minister has said.

Kim Yong-chun said exercises conducted by South Korea near the border were a preparation for war with the North.

The drill is one of the largest in South Korea's history, involving tanks, helicopters and fighter planes.

Tension has been high since North Korea shelled the South's Yeonpyeong island last month, killing four South Koreans.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has promised immediate retaliation to any further Northern attack.

The South Korean army acknowledged that the drill was aimed to display its firepower.

Although the South has conducted 47 military drills this year, this is the largest winter live-fire exercise ever conducted on land.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

this is bad bad news i think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can't believe N.Korea is accusing the South of warmongering!!!

It's pretty obvious that the North want to declare. It's going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I just got an alert from CNN... this is not good..

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear about South Korea asking North Korea not to bomb the huge artificial christmas tree in between the countries? hehehe

ReputationRep:
    So called "communists" having a "sacred war"...? Sounds more like Khomeini than Marx.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    North Korea trolling the world since 45'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)
    North Korea is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent, its armed forces minister has said.

Kim Yong-chun said exercises conducted by South Korea near the border were a preparation for war with the North.

The drill is one of the largest in South Korea's history, involving tanks, helicopters and fighter planes.

Tension has been high since North Korea shelled the South's Yeonpyeong island last month, killing four South Koreans.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has promised immediate retaliation to any further Northern attack.

The South Korean army acknowledged that the drill was aimed to display its firepower.

Although the South has conducted 47 military drills this year, this is the largest winter live-fire exercise ever conducted on land.

Yeah I think things are going to escalate. But I'm half looking forward to North Korea getting anihalated because it's their fault for the consistent provokations. Not that I condone violence, or that I want innocent civilians/soldiers killed, but it looks like it's going to be a likelyhood given the excersises and the amount of soldiers being moved in the South. I've heard rumours that the North has started moving certain fleets into position with men aboard to get a quick hand in first with ground superiority (which will be useless if they don't have any planes backing them up).

I think the biggest concern isn't just the involvement of both Koreas, but if the US step in then it could escalate things. Although China are a little friendlier than they used to be, I'm sure they won't be happy with America on their doorstep. If they were to get involved then China and America may potentially clash which is something I'm sure everyone would like to avoid, especially being so close to Christmas and the New Year.

I really despise Kim Jong-il. He's a tyrant who's not only let power go to his head, but he's putting the lives of his country men and women at risk for his personal gain. I hope he gets the **** bombed out of him.

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty interesting

The North know they can't win in a conventional war - the leadership aren't stupid. Yes, they have more kit than the South in some areas but a lot of it is known to be 1970s junk from the USSR. That's why they're threatening with nukes because, with nukes, nobody wins.

Just FYI, I've got this funny feeling Kim Jong Il is dead or no longer in power. They've stopped mentioning him in news reports and the whole style of diplomacy has changed dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    OP, what do you mean by 'finally'?! Do you know any history?

ReputationRep:
    There is only one thing I can say...

Spoiler:
    Show
    FIGHT!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    This is pretty interesting
    Quality, not quantity.

ReputationRep:
    If North Korea declared attacked the south, they would get pulverised. The North Koreans have ageing soviet tanks against American and South Korean M1 Abrams tanks. Not to mention the fact that North Korea has no petrol to supply its tanks! But the war would be a complete disaster for the south, as they would have to invest in North having just conquered. It would be like west germany and east germany again. Only harder.

ReputationRep:
    Well this totally sucks then! Let's just hope britain doesnt get involved

ReputationRep:
    Technically they never ended their last war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    Well this totally sucks then! Let's just hope britain doesnt get involved
    If America gets involved, you can guarantee Britain will get involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)

correction: they're already at war officially, the cease fire was agreed which ended the korean war in 1953, the cease fire is still in place so they are still at war.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Broderss;29024690]If America gets involved, you can guarantee Britain will get involved.[/QUOT
    WE are most certainly screwed then but let's hope the coalition will make a sensible decision for once because this is something we don't need to get involved with and that doesn't need any concern if ours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    WE are most certainly screwed then but let's hope the coalition will make a sensible decision for once because this is something we don't need to get involved with and that doesn't need any concern if ours!
    We live on the same planet; we're all human beings; of course it's our concern, you self-centred oaf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    We live on the same planet; we're all human beings; of course it's our concern, you self-centred oaf.
    I'm not at all being selfish. We don't need to get involved with another war fosse all know where the other one has ended us in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.