The Student Room Group

Have you ever sworn at your parents?

Where'd you find the guts to? i'd be killed right there an then for even uttering a curseword under my breath at them. what did they do when you did that

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God, no.. :nah:

I'm a good boy. :innocent:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
To be honest, I'd never dare. I was already nearly skinned alive by calling my mother 'you' and referring to her as 'her' in my native language because it's considered really rude and disrespectful. Maybe I'd try dropping in a few swear words in other languages, but there's no mistaking the tone, right? :lol:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Yea, all the time.... Just yesterday actually.
Reply 4

Are you dumb?
Reply 5
When I was younger yes, it's a shameful thing to do.
Reply 6
Rarely, although yesterday I told my mum to **** off because she called me a liar despite the absence of lies. Did not go down well.
Yep. They swear like troopers themselves sometimes so perhaps due to that, they are a bit more lenient than other parents would be when I lose my rag with them. I don't do it often though because I'll know that would be pushing it.
Reply 8
Nope, I'd get an earful and a half if I did.

Plus I wouldn't ever really want to, it's quite disrespectful IMO.
Reply 9
They certainly wouldn't mind if I did, but I can just never bring myself to swear in front of them, it's really strange. My dad swears all the time, and my mum does a fair bit too, so they certainly wouldn't care if I do, but I just can't. It's strange...

No.
Never.

Namely because I'd get a slap.
Reply 12
Nope. Mostly because I respect them too much to. You don't swear at your parents.
I have a friend who is forever calling her mum and fing b**** and her dad a ****, I hate to hear it it makes me cringe! I swear like a trooper but never to my parents
Reply 13
not to them like as a insult or in an argument. i dont like swearing in front of them as my mum doesnt like it, but it has slipped out a few times (like from accidents, falling in snow/ice or just accidentally, and my mum is same in she tries not to but sometimes it just slips out). my dad and stepmum dont mind but i still try not to, but sometimes its just needed for somethings. would never dream of doing it in front of my nana, grandparents or young cousin and nephews though.
I may swear at them, but they swear at me so it cancels out, but I rarely swear at them, I just swear near them when I get pissed or somin
I never have. So disrespectful and I'd be punished!
Reply 16
all the ****ing time
Reply 17
We swear to eachother, like in conversation. But I'd never swear AT them, tell them to f*ck off etc.

Spanish household punishment = La Chancla. That sh*t hurts on the back of your legs!

Reply 18
Never, it ain't a path I'd like to thread tbh.
Yes :colondollar:
I'm terrible when I'm angry, I just end up screaming profanities at my mum.

Meh, all's well that ends well.

Neg Rep?
Apparently we're not allowed to be honest..
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending