Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever sworn at your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Where'd you find the guts to? i'd be killed right there an then for even uttering a curseword under my breath at them. what did they do when you did that

ReputationRep:
    God, no.. :nah:

I'm a good boy. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'd never dare. I was already nearly skinned alive by calling my mother 'you' and referring to her as 'her' in my native language because it's considered really rude and disrespectful. Maybe I'd try dropping in a few swear words in other languages, but there's no mistaking the tone, right? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, all the time.... Just yesterday actually.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.webstaurantstore.com/12-w...oden-spoon.jpg

Are you dumb?

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger yes, it's a shameful thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely, although yesterday I told my mum to **** off because she called me a liar despite the absence of lies. Did not go down well.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. They swear like troopers themselves sometimes so perhaps due to that, they are a bit more lenient than other parents would be when I lose my rag with them. I don't do it often though because I'll know that would be pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'd get an earful and a half if I did.

Plus I wouldn't ever really want to, it's quite disrespectful IMO.

ReputationRep:
    They certainly wouldn't mind if I did, but I can just never bring myself to swear in front of them, it's really strange. My dad swears all the time, and my mum does a fair bit too, so they certainly wouldn't care if I do, but I just can't. It's strange...

ReputationRep:
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3981/dx651close.jpg

No.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Never.

Namely because I'd get a slap.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Mostly because I respect them too much to. You don't swear at your parents.
    I have a friend who is forever calling her mum and fing b**** and her dad a ****, I hate to hear it it makes me cringe! I swear like a trooper but never to my parents

ReputationRep:
    not to them like as a insult or in an argument. i dont like swearing in front of them as my mum doesnt like it, but it has slipped out a few times (like from accidents, falling in snow/ice or just accidentally, and my mum is same in she tries not to but sometimes it just slips out). my dad and stepmum dont mind but i still try not to, but sometimes its just needed for somethings. would never dream of doing it in front of my nana, grandparents or young cousin and nephews though.

ReputationRep:
    I may swear at them, but they swear at me so it cancels out, but I rarely swear at them, I just swear near them when I get pissed or somin

ReputationRep:
    I never have. So disrespectful and I'd be punished!

ReputationRep:
    all the ****ing time

ReputationRep:
    We swear to eachother, like in conversation. But I'd never swear AT them, tell them to f*ck off etc.

Spanish household punishment = La Chancla. That sh*t hurts on the back of your legs!

http://www.instructables.com/image/F...olls-style.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Never, it ain't a path I'd like to thread tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    I'm terrible when I'm angry, I just end up screaming profanities at my mum.

Meh, all's well that ends well.

Neg Rep?
    Apparently we're not allowed to be honest..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.