ReputationRep:
    This was the most suitiable forum i found, if it is in the wrong forum, please kindly move it as you have more knowledge of these forums and the secrets than me...mods

so, who owns TSR?

how does one become a Mod?

what are tsr meetings like - like, the owner saying, we can't let people see this, we can't let this spread, we can't let this get out ect

many thanks, i always found this curious

i always thought the government funded it
    where does it get its money
    i think america gives tsr money, as tsr is a great place to...
    let me not say, i'll be banned

lol joke

ok go!

ReputationRep:
    The person with the highest rep. level assumes ultimate command of TSR.

Acumen PI (PI = 'Professional Intelligence) own The Student Room. A quick Google will help you find out more them if you wish.

As for being a mod, put basically, you need to behave well around the site (no/few warning points), some good post reporting and helpful posts. As for actually becoming one, look out for announcements when mod vacancies appear in various forums, at which point you can (now) nominate yourself to become a mod, but a good indicator is a (genuine) nomination from other users.

ReputationRep:
      A company called Acumen PI own's TSR.

Mods are chosen by the mod and admin teams when a need for one is identified. Here is some info about becoming a mod.

The site is supported financially by companies paying to use TSR to host the many, many adverts on the forum and also through people buying subscriptions to the site.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      Acumen PI (PI = 'Professional Intelligence) own The Student Room. A quick Google will help you find out more them if you wish.

As for being a mod, put basically, you need to behave well around the site (no/few warning points), some good post reporting and helpful posts. As for actually becoming one, look out for announcements when mod vacancies appear in various forums, at which point you can (now) nominate yourself to become a mod, but a good indicator is a (genuine) nomination from other users.
      thanks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sixthformer)
      what are tsr meetings like - like, the owner saying, we can't let people see this, we can't let this spread, we can't let this get out ect
      It's all cloaks, daggers and sacrifices.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.