Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fed up with cancellations. Lazy DSA. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had 2 tests cancelled in the space of 3 weeks because of snow. The DSA are *****. Don't give me any sort of priority at all :confused: The lazy ******* examiners that are getting days, if not weeks off at a time just because some ice is sticking around in the residential areas should be doing extra tests on weekends and later in the day than 3:07 to catch up! Every single person that gets their test cancelled should be given a date a week later.

They don't even try at all, they just bump me to the back of the queue.

Also how much effort does it take to ask the council to grit a few extra residential areas so tests can go on. This country is so lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know why you are moaning. Would you rather have an accident whilst doing your test? There are probably thousands of people who have had tests cancelled so you are just going to have to wait like everyone else.

Do you propose that they only book tests every other week, so that if there are cancellations you can be guaranteed a slot the week after? Despite meaning doubling the waiting time for a test?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tbm)
      I dont know why you are moaning. Would you rather have an accident whilst doing your test? There are probably thousands of people who have had tests cancelled so you are just going to have to wait like everyone else.
      The conditions are fine, just slightly icy on residential areas.

If i pass i will be driving in these conditions, and i dont deserve a pass if i can't drive in them as i will be a danger on the road.

What im trying to say though, is these examiners have probably had the last week off, why don't they make up for it by putting on extra tests on weekends or later in the day? their day finishes at half 3 at my test centre :rolleyes:

Just seems so crap that ive been sat here, perfectly ready to take my test since my last one (October) and the one time i get a cancellation, that gets cancelled too! I will now take my test in february, waiting 5 months to take a stupid driving test :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      Do you propose that they only book tests every other week, so that if there are cancellations you can be guaranteed a slot the week after? Despite meaning doubling the waiting time for a test?
      No, i propose that they put on extra tests on days that aren't affected, or do some saturday tests so those affected by cancellations can have their test reasonably quickly.

Say the weather gets really bad and 3 days worth of tests 8-3 get cancelled. 7 Hours worth of tests, times 3 days is 21 hours worth of work.

Why can't they put on 2 saturdays of tests (14 hours) and an extra 2 hours every day for 2 weeks (10 hours) then everyone who had their test cancelled gets a new test within 2 weeks.

The examiners can't complain since they are still doing the same workload.

Also if they are not paid per test they do, they should be, get em into work :p:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LufcEllandRoad)
      The conditions are fine, just slightly icy on residential areas.

If i pass i will be driving in these conditions, and i dont deserve a pass if i can't drive in them as i will be a danger on the road.

What im trying to say though, is these examiners have probably had the last week off, why don't they make up for it by putting on extra tests on weekends or later in the day? their day finishes at half 3 at my test centre :rolleyes:

Just seems so crap that ive been sat here, perfectly ready to take my test since my last one (October) and the one time i get a cancellation, that gets cancelled too! I will now take my test in february, waiting 5 months to take a stupid driving test :rolleyes:

Which test centre are you booked with LUFC? (presuming you're in Leeds?)

I had mine cancelled yesterday from Harehills. My instructor had done a reccy yesterday morning and said there were only one or two small side roads that had any snow left and that was only a small amount. I was up there last weekend when it snowed and most of the roads were clear by Sunday morning so had thought they would go ahead.

I had to keep ringing up as they hadn't decided in afternoon tests by Midday. I was a bag of nerves waiting.

Got a new test in Feb.

ReputationRep:
      What a self-centred rant.

(Original post by LufcEllandRoad)
      I've had 2 tests cancelled in the space of 3 weeks because of snow.
      So have everybody else. People have been stranded overnight in their cars because of snow. People have missed Christmas with their families because of snow. People have died in the space fo 3 weeks because of snow and freezing temperatures. Oh, and you've had an appointment postponed at no extra cost to you. Boo hoo.

The DSA are *****. Don't give me any sort of priority at all :confused:
      And you deserve priority over the thousands of others in the same boat because....?

The lazy ******* examiners that are getting days, if not weeks off at a time just because some ice is sticking around in the residential areas
      Do you have any idea exactly what they're doing in their offices while not testing on the roads? How about deferred admin duties and office tasks that they never get chance to do the rest of the year due to their busy schedule of testing. They are also busy getting out and about when they can testing roads for suitability and testing improvised routes to allow testing to continue even with a partial thaw. Before you say "there are some routes they can do", you need to be aware of legal test requirements, so actual routes have to be carefully chosen for a reason using criteria you have no idea of.

should be doing extra tests on weekends and later in the day than 3:07 to catch up!
      They do test on weekends. Feel free to book a weekend slot or move your test to a weekend slot to give you a chance of an earlier date if you wish. They will cost you more though, as weekends are classed as overtime.

As for later in the day than 3:07, are you aware of what time the sun sets in December? Why you think they stop testing after 4pm? Just so you know, the next working day (Wednesday) this week, the sun sets at 15:57 so you cannot read the number plate "in good daylight" after 15:27. Good daylight ends even earlier if it's really cloudy or during a blizzard or storm.

Every single person that gets their test cancelled should be given a date a week later.
      That's what they did when the freeze first started. A week later, guess what? The whole country was still frozen so people got their tests cancelled again.. then again.. then again. If you have a date for weeks away, at least there's a good chance the temperatures will be better so more chance of your test going ahead.

They don't even try at all, they just bump me to the back of the queue.
      They did try, but with thousands of others all in the same position of tests having to be rebooked, where else could they put you?

Also how much effort does it take to ask the council to grit a few extra residential areas so tests can go on. This country is so lazy.
      The council's priorities are to clear the major routes. People are struggling by on the minor roads so that isn't a priority for them. Driving tests are certainly not their priority. Besides, councils have no idea which few of the thousands of minor roads are used specifically for driving tests. Rest assured though, DSA management are doing their best to make sure that centres are cobbling together at least a couple of usable routes that avoid the worst roads so that tests can continue even before the thaw is fully complete.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.