The Student Room Group

Men shaving armpits?

Scroll to see replies

Well Since "Body odeour" commes from sweat, and sweat molecules bind to the hair follicles, and then the sweat molecules are broken down by microbes which release a foul odeour. But if you remove the hair there is firstly less sweat, and secondly a smaller area for it to stay on. Therefore reducing ur overall stink.
I'd think it was a bit odd if a guy shaved his armpits. I don't like guys who are excessively hairy but I don't want them totally shaved either.
Original post by Keoje
I'm a guy and I shave my armpits and wax my legs.
This dude knows what's up. Hair is for has-beens:cool:
Of course. I didn't know people that it was that weird. Surely, it's not like girls where it's always shaved off, just when it gets long and icky. It's cleaner. Plus it looks so disgusting when a guy raises his hand with a forest for pits.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm the same except i pluck my hair using my hands.

It is ****ing painful but I like to believe that it'll tone down my sweating plus i don't want my hair to come back growing bushy and rough.

I'm a dude..

Every single part of this post is :lolwut:.
Reply 25
I don't shave my armpits, but I trim them. I dunno about everyone else, but for me trimming them a bit makes me not sweat at all, so it's better like that and makes me more comfortable. I don't trim off all the hair, it's just like going to the barbers every so often - I just cut down the amount of hair a bit.
The only guy I've ever met who did this was a rugby player, who claimed it was to prevent it from getting excrutiatingly pulled out during games...
I don't really see anything inherently wrong with it though.
I like guys to shave down there and under the arms. Its just dirty if they dont...
Reply 28
I think it's rather strange and unnecessary (for everyone, that is). Also, wouldn't the stubble be really uncomfortable...?
Original post by FattyInNeed
Every single part of this post is :lolwut:.

You mad?!?!

I love pain anyway so it's fine by me.

I'm thinking of doing the same with my pubes because my testes are always drenched in sweat (at least that's what I think it is) half the time. If i could, I would show you personally.
Pardon me if I seem offensive to some of you, but I thought that this procedure is a very common one nowadays. I shave my axillae regularly mainly because of the fact that it improves the effect of an antiperspirant and to be honest, I do not like androgenic hair. Remember, not only ladies should be clean and smell well.
Reply 31
How weird, i did this just today.
I do it 3 times a year ish, just feels right ya know?
Original post by Anonymous
You mad?!?!

I love pain anyway so it's fine by me.

I'm thinking of doing the same with my pubes because my testes are always drenched in sweat (at least that's what I think it is) half the time. If i could, I would show you personally.

Bro, for the sakes of humanity...

Do NOT pluck your pubes. :indiff:
Just no looks wierd. If its REALLY long and sticks out of the shirt then just trim it a little other than that leave it on.
Original post by Tsukuyomi
why the **** does tsr guys make dumb threads like these, asking girls on here what they think.
Kinda like seeking their approval

Agreed! FFS have some pride.
Reply 35
It's alright. My friend used to do it, and it looked reasonably hot on him - although he would be hot whatever hair or no hair he had on him.

Most of the time it's too much effort to shave my face, so armpits are very low on the agenda.
Reply 36
LOL at amount of people posting anon.

Of course I don't shave my armpit hairs, It took me about 16 years to grow them.
Original post by Liam_G
LOL at amount of people posting anon.

Of course I don't shave my armpit hairs, It took me about 16 years to grow them.

hahaha this!!
Have some people no hygiene anymore?? what's not right about shaving the hair from the armpits, every male (and female) should shave the armpit hair AND the pubic hair, cut the nails and wash daily!
Reply 39
Original post by Keoje
I'm a guy and I shave my armpits and wax my legs.

Me too - for sporty reasons. And I love it. I'm 100% straight btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending