Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

a confusing girl! standard! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    we were chatting for weeks. it was obvious i liked her. after a night out it was just the two of us and i tried to kiss her. she backed out saying it would make things complicated.
    I kept in contact so that i didnt look bitter about it, but soon stopped texting her, as i figured nothing would happen.
    I saw her about 3 weeks ago in a pub. she saw me get up from a table with my mates, and she came up to me. we chatted for a bit, and then she asked me if i was going. i told her that i was going to the bar for one more drink, but then going. she told me to text her when i left. i didnt text her. she text me the next mornin sayin "it was really nice bumpin into you last night, hope you had a good night! xxxxx" (she normally puts quite a few kisses lol!)
    she then text me last week asking loads of questions e.g wubu2, u finished ur uni work yet, when u goin on holiday. we exchanged a few texts with a few in jokes that we have between us. i then went on fb, and she chatted chattin to me again, saying come round mine and cook me dinner (which i know was a joke) but anyways... just general nice convo really.
    just though it was a bit weird that she has started speakin to me a few times. everytime i have replied to her, i play it cool, because i dont want her to think im still attached. even though i do still like her!
    basically, i might see her clubbin tonight, so wondered what you think she thinks about me? and what should i do? (ive not given her much attention, but should i make it obvious that im interested again tonight?)
    • TSR Support Team

It's either one or two things, she's either playing hard to get and loving you chasing her or she's already got a boyfriend which may explain why she said it may make things complicated, then again she may simply not have been ready yet.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she wants to be your friend, brah

ReputationRep:
    Standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French&Hench)
    we were chatting for weeks. it was obvious i liked her. after a night out it was just the two of us and i tried to kiss her. she backed out saying it would make things complicated.
    I kept in contact so that i didnt look bitter about it, but soon stopped texting her, as i figured nothing would happen.
    I saw her about 3 weeks ago in a pub. she saw me get up from a table with my mates, and she came up to me. we chatted for a bit, and then she asked me if i was going. i told her that i was going to the bar for one more drink, but then going. she told me to text her when i left. i didnt text her. she text me the next mornin sayin "it was really nice bumpin into you last night, hope you had a good night! xxxxx" (she normally puts quite a few kisses lol!)
    she then text me last week asking loads of questions e.g wubu2, u finished ur uni work yet, when u goin on holiday. we exchanged a few texts with a few in jokes that we have between us. i then went on fb, and she chatted chattin to me again, saying come round mine and cook me dinner (which i know was a joke) but anyways... just general nice convo really.
    just though it was a bit weird that she has started speakin to me a few times. everytime i have replied to her, i play it cool, because i dont want her to think im still attached. even though i do still like her!
    basically, i might see her clubbin tonight, so wondered what you think she thinks about me? and what should i do? (ive not given her much attention, but should i make it obvious that im interested again tonight?)
    You talk like a tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    It's either one or two things, she's either playing hard to get and loving you chasing her or she's already got a boyfriend which may explain why she said it may make things complicated, then again she may simply not have been ready yet.
    cheers for your reply!
    i know she has been single at least since august, maybe longer than that. she told me she had a bad relationship before, but dont know any details? i havent chased her for weeks, i stopped that quite a while back. never text her anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzzzz.)
    You talk like a tool.
    what makes me sound like a tool?

ReputationRep:
    yup, standard. a lot of girls like to over complicate things :rolleyes: maybe she's the shy type?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by French&Hench)
    cheers for your reply!
    i know she has been single at least since august, maybe longer than that. she told me she had a bad relationship before, but dont know any details? i havent chased her for weeks, i stopped that quite a while back. never text her anymore
    Ah well there's your answer, she may well have had a messy break up and it's emotionally scarred her, by all means keep hanging around with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Ah well there's your answer, she may well have had a messy break up and it's emotionally scarred her, by all means keep hanging around with her.
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Maybe she wants to be your friend, brah
    yeh i guess so. i did think this might be it, but we were never really close. i just thought that if she didnt want anything to happen she would cut contact. if she wants to be friends then thats cool with me, might be difficult though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    yup, standard. a lot of girls like to over complicate things :rolleyes: maybe she's the shy type?
    im pretty good mates with a friend of hers. she told me that she is shy with guys, but i never got that impression. seemed pretty outgoing to me

ReputationRep:
    You've done well in backing off. She's been turned on because she realises (or thinks) that it might be difficult to get you. Keep doing what you're doing mate. Don't make it obvious you like her. Be slightly cold to her, if she comes up to talk to you, chat for a couple of minutes, then walk off to talk to someone else. Just basically make it seem that you don't feel any need to talk to her.

She'll cream her pants & come running I reckon!

ReputationRep:
    burp on her face and gauge from her reaction how she feels about you. if a girl likes you - she'll burp back or kiss you

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she wasn't sure how she felt about you at first but when you boyd her off she realised that she did like you, and then when she saw you again she wanted to get back to how things were before. She sounds keen, if I were you I'd meet up with her, or more like be places she will be, but still being a bit offish like you are at the moment - basically, don't go running just because shes changed her mind. But by sounds of things, you're pretty much in there. Hope it works out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Maybe she wasn't sure how she felt about you at first but when you boyd her off she realised that she did like you, and then when she saw you again she wanted to get back to how things were before. She sounds keen, if I were you I'd meet up with her, or more like be places she will be, but still being a bit offish like you are at the moment - basically, don't go running just because shes changed her mind. But by sounds of things, you're pretty much in there. Hope it works out
    cheers for the advise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    You've done well in backing off. She's been turned on because she realises (or thinks) that it might be difficult to get you. Keep doing what you're doing mate. Don't make it obvious you like her. Be slightly cold to her, if she comes up to talk to you, chat for a couple of minutes, then walk off to talk to someone else. Just basically make it seem that you don't feel any need to talk to her.

She'll cream her pants & come running I reckon!
    lol! cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.