The Student Room Group

Effeminate men

It has been said that the majority of girls are attracted to effeminate looking men. Just wanted to know whether that was true?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Depends on where they are on the menstrual cycle - at their peak they want square jawed man's men. At other times, they prefer more feminine faces - but only emo girls want boy-george-type guys, and that phase doesn't last long
Reply 2
It's been said by who?
Reply 3
I like a bit of campness, definitely, but I'm not one for the Justin Beiber types. :tongue:
All women are closet lesbians.

Hope this answers your question.
Erm, no thanks. I'll pass.
I like the quite, manly types.:drool:
I don't really have a strong preference either way, but I suppose I prefer more manly types when it comes to seeking someone who's 'proper boyfriend material'. When it comes to having a 'lil bit of 'guy candy' to ogle, however, the effeminate look is more up my street.

:drool:
It's true, most English "men" are effeminate
Attracted to effeminate men? :s No thanks I'd rather date a grizzly bear.
Well I like my men virginal and turn them bad. My bf went from baby faced and no facial hair and is now a man.

Yum yum yum.
Reply 11
Original post by PrimateJ
No. Depends on where they are on the menstrual cycle - at their peak they want square jawed man's men. At other times, they prefer more feminine faces - but only emo girls want boy-george-type guys, and that phase doesn't last long

http://www.bbc.co.uk/slink/real-life/features/your-period-explained

:awesome:
Reply 12
Original post by proudlybritish
It has been said that the majority of girls are attracted to effeminate looking men. Just wanted to know whether that was true?

I hae a rounded oval face and I don't care and neither should anyone else tbh :tongue:. Everyone is born differently, no two people are alike, and nor should they be :smile:. I love my hair as well, its dark brown/black! :colondollar:
Reply 13
What a rubbish thread. Clearly different types of girls are attracted to different types of guys.
Reply 14
Is well-groomed and effeminate the same thing?

Because I like well-groomed men, the type who take care of themselves physically and in terms of style.
Reply 15
I would never go out with a man who takes a longer time in front of the mirror than I do.
Generally, effeminate men put me off (in terms of behaviour). I think its all about balance though, I think there's nothing wrong with a man with a somewhat "pretty" appearance and it's even better when coupled with a manly physique. Examples include, Zac Efron, Paul Walker, Brad Pitt etc. This is of course in a dream world and as about as likely to happen as the men on TSR sleeping with Megan Fox. So i'd say we'd set our standards a tad bit lower in reality.
Reply 17
Original post by Chayne
Is well-groomed and effeminate the same thing?

Because I like well-groomed men, the type who take care of themselves physically and in terms of style.

Of course they're not the same thing ;o!
Nothing wrong with guys taking care of themselves. :colondollar:
Reply 18
They don't give a f***, at the end the majority will settle for the ones with loads of money.
Reply 19
Original post by awais590
Of course they're not the same thing ;o!
Nothing wrong with guys taking care of themselves. :colondollar:

You've got a point there..

Okay, I've decided. Not into the effeminate thing at all then. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending