Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As the title says, does anyone else get these??? Lately I've been getting them nearly everyday. They occur all over my body: legs, tummy, chest, eye, bum, you name it, it's twitched/muscle spasmed.

A few wks ago whilst in a&e for another issue, I mentioned this to the Dr and he told me it's psychotic!!! Its not because 4wks later, it's still going on.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has endured these odd sensations?? The ones that occur in my chest, on the sides of my torso sometimes flutter, not forgetting with the ones at the side of my torso, there is a burning sensation. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I can only suggest one thing from these symptoms , Your likely to blow up soon

..On a serious note , i'm not exactly sure what you mean by muscle spasms , i get them but not to an extent that you do..

ReputationRep:
    Yes I get them quite regularly, but only on my arms and legs though. I used to get them on my eyelids too, but not anymore.

It's weird, like when you look at it you can see your muscles moving lol. Mine have never hurt though.

Are yours like this? This is what I get on my legs and arms lol.. (not my video though)

(Original post by haloturk)

..On a serious note , i'm not exactly sure what you mean by muscle spasms , i get them but not to an extent that you do..
    I could be minding my own business and then my leg starts to twitch. I literally can watch it twitch until it decides to settle. But it goes ten to the dozen :-/.

(Original post by Koobideh)
    Yes I get them quite regularly, but only on my arms and legs though. I used to get them on my eyelids too, but not anymore.

It's weird, like when you look at it you can see your muscles moving lol. Mine have never hurt though.

Are yours like this? This is what I get on my legs and arms lol.. (not my video though)
    Mine is just like the one in the clip, apart from when it happens it goes crazy lol. (when its occuring in my leg/calf). Reading some of the comments ie drink water and eat bananas I already do :-/. So not quite sure what to do :-/. Might mention it to my Dr when u go and see him again in a wks time.

The one that occurs in my torso sides feel like fluttering, but those feel like burning. Maybe it's acid reflux?? But for 7wks?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I get it on my left eye sometimes. I love it!

I go round to everyone going - "look, look at my eye! Can you see it???" *bemused expression* "Nope" "It's twitching!!" "No it's not".

Also, when it happens I like to imagine that I'm some complete psychopath that's about to blow up if one more thing pisses him off.

ReputationRep:
    I get something similar, but it will be every once in a while I will have a mini jerk, I will feel it contract and that will be it. I convinced myself it was Upper motor neurone disease for a while (had been studying it recently), until I said it too my dad and he said probably nothing (he is a GP so should know though over the phone diagnosis...) probably a case of medical student syndrome.

Not that this is in any way helpful...

ReputationRep:
    Does it hurt?

ReputationRep:
    You burning the candle at both ends or under stress OP?

ReputationRep:
    i've had the muscle spasm in my right eye for over a year a half now. apparently i am "stressed". this spasm is terribly annoying, when i'm in conversation to someone it randomly happens and it makes me look like some freak.
    this occurs to me every 10 minutes.
    fml.

ReputationRep:
    It probably doesn't help that you get worked up over it, causing you to stress yourself out more.

I'm no doctor, but I imagine it will go at some point. Take some time to relax. If you're twitching, try to move positions/walk around for a bit. Do you do a lot of exercise?

(Original post by Boobies.)
    Does it hurt?
    No, it's just very annoying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.