Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

This is just a 'feeler' at the moment but I am going to set up my own typing business which I will do during the day or overnight (depending on the deadline) and I wondered if any of you would use such a service? I need to look into dictation more if it is something which is in demand but at the moment I am thinking of copy typing (i.e. post to me or PDF/fax to me).

I have been a secretary/PA/legal secretary for 15 years so I know my stuff and I currently type about 100wpm so could type essays etc very quickly indeed - while you're sleeping, your work would be typed and e-mailed or posted to you the next morning. Sound interesting or are you all more than capable to do your own typing? I haven't been a student for a long time so I'm really not sure if it's something that would be any use to you or not. Or maybe this service is already being provided to you?

Any advice/help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Typing Enquirer

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. Would you type hand written notes? Or hand written essays that need to be typed? That sort of stuff?

It doesn't seem like a very good idea to be honest. It doesn't take very long to re type something, so I imagine most people would want to do it themselves rather than pay someone to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'd pay someone unless I was short on time.. How much were you thinking of charging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typing enquirer)
    I currently type about 100wpm so could type essays etc very quickly indeed - while you're sleeping, your work would be typed and e-mailed or posted to you the next morning.
    Wait, there are people who handwrite their essays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typing enquirer)
    Hi everyone

This is just a 'feeler' at the moment but I am going to set up my own typing business which I will do during the day or overnight (depending on the deadline) and I wondered if any of you would use such a service? I need to look into dictation more if it is something which is in demand but at the moment I am thinking of copy typing (i.e. post to me or PDF/fax to me).

I have been a secretary/PA/legal secretary for 15 years so I know my stuff and I currently type about 100wpm so could type essays etc very quickly indeed - while you're sleeping, your work would be typed and e-mailed or posted to you the next morning. Sound interesting or are you all more than capable to do your own typing? I haven't been a student for a long time so I'm really not sure if it's something that would be any use to you or not. Or maybe this service is already being provided to you?

Any advice/help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Typing Enquirer
    Most people, when writing essays, just type them on the computer as they go. This makes it easier to edit them, spellcheck, etc etc. People don't really handwrite essays any more

ReputationRep:
    Whatever deal typing enquirer is offering, I WILL DO WORSE, FOR LESS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.